Brad Stuart - Doug Lidster
Lou Nanne - Pierre Bouchard
Harold Snepsts

Joe Daley
Al Smith

vs​

Abbotsford Pilots

coach Randy Carlyle

Morris Lukowich (C) - Jaroslav Drobny - Dustin Brown (A)
Mark Osborne - Vladimir Ruzicka - Ilkka Sinisalo
Gaetan Duchesne - Jordan Staal - Gary Sabourin
Alex Kaleta - Gord Pettinger - Frank St. Marseille
Larry Popein, Chris Nilan

Jim Dorey - Poul Popiel
Willie Mitchell (A) - Sami Salo
Murray Henderson - Philippe Boucher
Stephane Robidas

Seth Martin
Bohumil Modry

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
2-Game Home & Away Series

TMTigerOnly1.jpg

vs.

pilots-logo.jpg

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
- I like Kromm as a coach more than Carlyle.

- Not sure why Hib Milks is the captain. He's a good player but wasn't a model citizen, from what I have heard.

- Reichel as a 2nd liner is concerning. He had a couple great offensive years but given his later versatility it would have made much more sense using him in a bottom-6 role.

- Linder and Conroy don't provide much as spares, IMO.

- I'm definitely a bigger fan of Martin than I am of Daley.

- Pierre Bouchard in a starting role is scary. The guy is the 2nd-least used defenseman (in real life) in the AAA draft, after Gord Lane. And even if you give him a 3 minute a game boost based on the defensemen who played ahead of him, he'd still only have a higher ATOI average than Murzyn and Lane.

- Nanne's the 6th-least used (in real-life) defenseman in the AAA draft, and this is with his seasons as a winger removed so as not to skew the average. I think with two guys who are best suited to the AA draft (even though Nanne fills a niche as a shot blocker), they could be in trouble.

- I admit I'm lost as to where to place Popiel and Dorey thanks to the majority of their careers being in the WHA. Forwards are a little easier to judge - goalies too. Championships, awards, scoring/sv% stats. But defensemen? How do I know these were good #1 WHA defensemen? (which is what they'd have to be, to be good 1st pairing AAA guys)

- Mitchell and Salo are both underrated - big time.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Colorado College wins both games against Abbotsford in regulation to take the final playoff spot in the division.

Three stars of the home & away series:

1. Daniel Briere, Tigers
2. Hib Milks, Tigers
3. Morris Lukowich, Pilots

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
- I admit I'm lost as to where to place Popiel and Dorey thanks to the majority of their careers being in the WHA. Forwards are a little easier to judge - goalies too. Championships, awards, scoring/sv% stats. But defensemen? How do I know these were good #1 WHA defensemen? (which is what they'd have to be, to be good 1st pairing AAA guys)

Post season all-stars. Dorey has one 1st team and similar numbers through-out. Popiel was a 2-time 2nd team all-star.

Colorado College wins both games against Abbotsford in regulation to take the final playoff spot in the division.

Three stars of the home & away series:

1. Daniel Briere, Tigers
2. Hib Milks, Tigers
3. Morris Lukowich, Pilots

Good series. It was fun to try the AAA draft, but I quickly realized I was in over my head.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
McLaughlin Division semi-final: #1 London Bandits vs. #4 Colorado College Tigers

Discussion would have been nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad