Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
That's a very good deal for the Rangers. Hope the kid gets a shot

av-laughing2.gif

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He probably will get traded before the season lol

Poor guy (or maybe lucky guy if he gets traded, he won't have to deal with a team trending downward like this one)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Great deal for the team, hopefully Dylan gets some more ice time.

With Buek controlling the D, I think he will. It's not the best case when a guy like Dylan McIlrath is your best skating RD, but that might be the case with the team next season.

I'd like to see him assert himself and really punish guys physically.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
What is his status coming out of this for those that understand these things better than me? I assume still a RFA like Miller?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think NYR fans romanticized his performance last year, in part due to frustrations with Boyle/Girardi and in part due to his draft status.

Still, I think he can be a good 3rd pairing dman, but he has to be able to learn to play the PK better. That was a struggle for him in his limited time there.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Being the 7th D and playing about 30 games overall he wasn't going to get a big pay raise. He should have played more last year--hopefully he'll play more this year. Having Beuk around maybe will help that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think NYR fans romanticized his performance last year, in part due to frustrations with Boyle/Girardi and in part due to his draft status.

Still, I think he can be a good 3rd pairing dman, but he has to be able to learn to play the PK better. That was a struggle for him in his limited time there.

I think he'll be better on the PK when he plays regularly. When you're off two-three weeks at a time it's tough.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Being the 7th D and playing about 30 games overall he wasn't going to get a big pay raise. He should have played more last year--hopefully he'll play more this year. Having Beuk around maybe will help that.

and when AV is fired and Buek takes over helm, McIlrath will be promoted to first pair :sarcasm:

But seriously, having Buek around is a big case for McIlrath to be playing. Skjei and Bodie too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad