Recalled/Assigned: McIlrath and Allen recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
McIlrath and Allen have/will be recalled I would guess, aren't playing for HFD tonight...

I am watching the game, the radio guy talked about trying to grab Schoenfield for confirmation/comment. They are probably snoozing it for cap-reasons...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
McIlrath and Allen have/will be recalled I would guess, aren't playing for HFD tonight...

I am watching the game, the radio guy talked about trying to grab Schoenfield for confirmation/comment.

So do they go:

Staal-G Hunwick-G
Hunwick-Kostka OR Staal-Kostka
Allen-McIlrath Allen-McIlrath

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I wouldn't mind seeing McI with Staal.

Hunwick-Girardi
Staal-McIlrath
Allen-Kostka

I don't think they'll keep Staal-Girardi, we could see Kostka with Staal though instead of McI.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 6m6 minutes ago
ICYMI, #NYR captain McDonagh out 3-4 weeks, Klein out, Malone waived, Stepan close, Allen, McIlrath on way; Talbot starts Monday

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 6m6 minutes ago
ICYMI, #NYR captain McDonagh out 3-4 weeks, Klein out, Malone waived, Stepan close, Allen, McIlrath on way; Talbot starts Monday

So our D Corps:

Allen-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Hunwick-McIlrath
Kostka

or:

Staal-Girardi
Hunwick-Klein
Allen-McIlrath

I like the 2nd D corps better

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So do they go:

Staal-G Hunwick-G
Hunwick-Kostka OR Staal-Kostka
Allen-McIlrath Allen-McIlrath

hunwick/girardi and staal/kostka did a great job last night and allen/mcilarth are a pair in hartford. so to me the logical move is to keep the 2 pairs from the other night together and keep allen and mcilarth together on the 3rd pair

AHB*

They can, but if they do they have to pay them for today... ;)

Its coming.

Haha, I wasn't questioning that they were, just specifying that they won't call them up for about another few minutes.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
hunwick/girardi and staal/kostka did a great job last night and allen/mcilarth are a pair in hartford. so to me the logical move is to keep the 2 pairs from the other night together and keep allen and mcilarth together on the 3rd pair

I thought the pairs were:

Staal-Girardi
Hunwick-Kostka

after the injuries?

BarbaraAlphanse

Personally, I'd love to be able to see Staal and McIlrath paired up, but won't happen unless more injuries sideline players.

BarbaraAlphanse

Confirmed via twitter

On my phone so can't post

Big test for them with the Blues in town tomorrow

I can see McIlrath getting involved physically tomorrow in a big way. Tmrw looks to be a big physical battle.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Very excited to see McIlrath get some reps. Hope Ulf is ready to protect the kids. Ozone starts, good match ups. Good to be on home ice tomorrow.

Go and grab it, Mac. Shut up the haters on HF :nod:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I can see McIlrath getting involved physically tomorrow in a big way. Tmrw looks to be a big physical battle.

Let's hope so. I'm hoping they give Allen some PP time. Let Girardi rest during that time. Allen moves the puck well.

McIlrath should be on the PK.

Hoping for them both to be invisible.

BarbaraAlphanse

Let's hope so. I'm hoping they give Allen some PP time. Let Girardi rest during that time. Allen moves the puck well.

McIlrath should be on the PK.

Hoping for them both to be invisible.

Doubtful that we'll see Allen on the PP. We already have Duke and Hayes on the two units. AV doesn't really stack lines up to give rookies too many responsibilities.

McIlrath on the PK is actually conceivable. It really all depends on how Kostka plays. If Kostka has another Isles game then McIlrath's time exponentially increases and his role will expand to likely encompass PK time.

If Kostka has time like the Jets game, McIlrath will be more shielded.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Doubtful that we'll see Allen on the PP. We already have Duke and Hayes on the two units. AV doesn't really stack lines up to give rookies too many responsibilities.

McIlrath on the PK is actually conceivable. It really all depends on how Kostka plays. If Kostka has another Isles game then McIlrath's time exponentially increases and his role will expand to likely encompass PK time.

If Kostka has time like the Jets game, McIlrath will be more shielded.
There's also the possibility that Kostka has a game different than the both two we've seen so far.

BarbaraAlphanse

There's also the possibility that Kostka has a game different than the both two we've seen so far.

In terms of hitting the scale of play we may see from him?

He played as poorly as he could have against the Isles, he played as well as he could have against the Jets.

I thought he looked as one of the worst defensemen in the league against NYI, thought he didn't look out of place in the league against WPG.

If he plays even at an average rate of play from what he has shown us thus far, I'd still guess AV gives him more time than McI - veteran/rookie playing time pattern we have seen through 1.15 seasons of AV so far.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Really, really hoping that this is the beginning of Dylan McIlrath proving me and the rest of us doubters wrong. Him stepping up for the next month would be huge for this limping team.

SupersonicMonkey*

Monumental opportunity for McIlrath. Grab it, kid. Rooting for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad