mcgrattan on waivers

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I hope he goes somewhere that has a every night spot for him - he deserves that - but I doubt anyone does. Otherwise, he's probably better off staying here and not having to move.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I hope he goes somewhere that has a every night spot for him - he deserves that - but I doubt anyone does. Otherwise, he's probably better off staying here and not having to move.

I wouldn't say he "deserves" to be an every night player. On what merit? he's a nice guy?

He's a great fighter, but a terrible hockey player. What team is carrying a player like that and playing them every night?

Staged "enforcer fights" are dying out, and I'm happy for it. Even Trotz said that it made no sense to play him because no one will fight him--because the only guys he would conceivably fight are all similarly in the minors or in the pressbox.

Jordin Tootoo, Ryan Reaves, Derek Dorsett...these guys aren't going to fight McGrattan, so Clune works for that purpose (although I wouldn't mind having someone in that role that can also play on the PK or something useful, as well)

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I wouldn't say he "deserves" to be an every night player. On what merit? he's a nice guy?

Bad wording on my part. I mean that McG seems like a good guy, and I'd love to see him get playing time somewhere, not that he deserves a roster spot from a talent perspective. Maybe he even prefers being scratched so he isn't getting beat up, I don't know :laugh:

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Trading for scott ford and now having him in the minors is one of the better things to happen for the organization off ice. Gives the young guys someone to learn from bad life choices to cleaning up to just how to be a good pro if they make it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wish he would play more for us to add a physical presence on nights when we might need it. AKA Belak but admittedly Clune has become more useful than I figured he would be.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
It's sort of a catch-22 with these guys. He shouldn't play because he's regressed, but he likely regressed because he wasn't playing. Sucks to see him officially gone but his type is a dying breed anyway.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I wonder if he will play in milwaukee or if the preds will treat him with dignity like they did Belak and pay him and let him travel with the NHL club, yet knw there is no chance of him playing.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Clune v Fiddler - that's probably what Richie needs to be thinking. Guys in our Div - Toots, Boll, Dorsett, etc - they gonna' kill him.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
so there is no "confirmed with link" on this thread but has this been verified? and if so shouldnt he have cleared at noon today? has that been confirmed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad