McFarlane FINALLY showing LA Kings some love!

RyWill09

May 25, 2012
Vancouver, B.C.
If you collect McFarlane sports figures, you must know that LA Kings figures are few and far between. The last non-Legends figure made was Jeremy Roenick...that says it all. BUT running with whats HOT right now (ie: Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Champions!!), this is coming out in October:

Jonathan Quick (w/ the Stanley Cup). :yo:

I would post a picture, but I don't want to break confidentiality rules...but it looks sweet, and has the Stanley Cup Finals patch as well. :handclap:

RyWill09

May 25, 2012
Vancouver, B.C.
He is in the home black jersey. And just to make it complete, there is a EDM Wayne Gretzky figure coming out in October as well that comes with....a Conn Smythe Trophy!!! EPIC timing!! :D

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
I thought this was going to be about a Fox Cartoon! Maybe Roger pretending to be a goalie and making a speech at a rally or something

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
product_image.php

Bummer he's not holding the cup

Andrew Knoll

Jun 20, 2007
Los Angeles
thehockeywriters.com
I know they did some legends at least, I remember a couple Gretzkys and a Dionne at a minimum. Hopefully they put Brown and Kopu in a series as well, overdue. Stunned they didn't make a Doughty although I must say I stopped paying attention a while back.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
about time. ive got the Gretz figures and need to add the Dionne and Luc as well. no way in hell JR will be added to the set. after that i was wondering when LA would get some love.

is that the actual model they are using on JQ? it's the same as the Lundquist figure

mcfarlaneonline_2214_177545

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
about time. ive got the Gretz figures and need to add the Dionne and Luc as well. no way in hell JR will be added to the set. after that i was wondering when LA would get some love.

is that the actual model they are using on JQ? it's the same as the Lundquist figure

mcfarlaneonline_2214_177545

They are notorious for doing this. They just take a previous sculpt and repaint it. That's what they did with the Robitaille figure as well (I think they used a Kariya or Bure sculpt).

Just look at how crappy the likeness is:
nhl8_lrobitaille_photo_01_dp.jpg

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
They are notorious for doing this. They just take a previous sculpt and repaint it. That's what they did with the Robitaille figure as well (I think they used a Kariya or Bure sculpt).

Yep since they have to do very little work on anything at all for the goalies since the helmets are the same they seem to just recycle the same 4-5 models and repaint them.

Sad he doesn't have the cup...

BUT running with whats HOT right now (ie: Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Champions!!), this is coming out in October:

Jonathan Quick (w/ the Stanley Cup).

This made it sound like it was going to be like the one a few years ago that had the player raising the cup. (was it lidstrom? I think it was someone on the Wings.)

hauspaint

Oct 19, 2005
I know they did some legends at least, I remember a couple Gretzkys and a Dionne at a minimum. Hopefully they put Brown and Kopu in a series as well, overdue. Stunned they didn't make a Doughty although I must say I stopped paying attention a while back.

Kopu? is he Doty's friend?;)

Jul 31, 2005
CA

Just look at how crappy the likeness is:
nhl8_lrobitaille_photo_01_dp.jpg

And Luc has the wrong stick, I have that one and it just doesn't look right because of the stick. So far my favorite is the Don Cherry one with his dog and I got the half rink from their store in Arizona. Not very functional and it's so big I don't have a good place for it in my house but the detail is pretty amazing.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
You should see the Luc Robitaille figure McFarlane Toys did, the facial sculpting is horrendous.

What I find funny is the only thing Luc could not do well was skate so what does McFarlane do show him skating. He should be celebrating a goal or taking that short back swing slap shot. Also the pose makes him look like a right shot.

By the way the earlier post of the JQ Macfarlane is a picture of a custom job sold on Ebay a few weeks ago. It is not a licensed Macfarlane.

Last edited:

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
What I find funny is the only thing Luc could not do well was skate so what does McFarlane do show him skating. He should be celebrating a goal or taking that short back swing slap shot. Also the pose makes him look like a right shot.

By the way the earlier post of the JQ Macfarlane is a picture of a custom job sold on Ebay a few weeks ago. It is not a licensed Macfarlane.

It was actually the sculpt they used for Pavel Bure.

jrcortez25

Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
Does anyone know if McFarlane is coming out with another LA Kings player considering the Kings won yet another Cup?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Does anyone know if McFarlane is coming out with another LA Kings player considering the Kings won yet another Cup?

I don't even know if they still have the NHL license. Seems like they haven't had a new release since 2013. Their only release in 2014 came earlier in the year and it was only for Team Canada players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad