Friedman: McDonagh extension talks underway?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman said he wants to extend Ryan McDonagh, and when Yzerman tips his hand like that, there’s a good chance it happens. It is believed talks are underway.

So, assuming this gets done barring a massive discount, who's out in Tampa for 2019? I'd assume Stralman walks and they trade one of Johnson/Killorn, no?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
So, assuming this gets done barring a massive discount, who's out in Tampa for 2019? I'd assume Stralman walks and they trade one of Johnson/Killorn, no?

Coburn, Girardi and a possible Callahan buyout when he only has 1 yr left in his deal would free up almost 10M in cap space.

I could see them letting Stralman walk unless he takes a really sweet deal. He'll be 33 before 19-20 season kicks in so im sure they'll be wary of paying big money.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Coburn, Girardi and a possible Callahan buyout when he only has 1 yr left in his deal would free up almost 10M in cap space.

I could see them letting Stralman walk unless he takes a really sweet deal. He'll be 33 before 19-20 season kicks in so im sure they'll be wary of paying big money.
This guy gets it.

Reactions: Deam78

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This was said a while ago. Before Tavares gave us a seat at the table. I imagine if we dont sign Tavares we will extend McDonagh.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What if I told you we could sign Tavares, extend Kucherov, Point and McDonagh all while keeping Callahan? It's very possible and all we really need to do is trade Johnson without taking cap back and keep the resignings reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad