McDavid's numbers compared to the greatest seasons in NHL history - adjusted to this years scoring levels

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
I always considered Ovie and Malkin’s big seasons to be better than Sid’s 120pointer (and Thornton’s 125 for that matter). Game was different for those two years.

As has been said - Crosby never had a full season at his absolute peak.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I always considered Ovie and Malkin’s big seasons to be better than Sid’s 120pointer (and Thornton’s 125 for that matter). Game was different for those two years.

As has been said - Crosby never had a full season at his absolute peak.

Crosby in 06-07 looked better to me than Thornton, but not Ovechkin and Malkin at their peaks. Remember he was playing with Armstrong and old Recchi I think back then, didn't really have a good goal scorer to feed like Thornton did with Cheechoo, even though Thornton obviously boosted Cheechoo's stats by a lot.

Reactions: Dingo

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Crosby in 06-07 looked better to me than Thornton, but not Ovechkin and Malkin at their peaks. Remember he was playing with Armstrong and old Recchi I think back then, didn't really have a good goal scorer to feed like Thornton did with Cheechoo, even though Thornton obviously boosted Cheechoo's stats by a lot.
crosby does not have 2 full seasons back to back like Thornton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad