Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Better than this :popcorn:

J03pYno.jpg

I mean he probably would win those awards + make the playoffs :laugh:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah, he'd probably have a Stanley Cup in that picture too. Individual awards are cute and all but they aren't what these guys play for. They play for The Cup. Not even McJesus can win one of those in Edmonton.
Did you even read the post lol he said he would be better in any other team lmao try harder

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Imagine if he had someone speedy, dynamic and great at scoring goals on his line... like Taylor Hall.. :sarcasm:

Hall's game didn't compliment McDavid's at all. They're both drivers. He needs someone who is fast with a lethal shot. Something in the mold of a Laine.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kucherov was on pace for 140 points at one time this season Kane was on pace for way more than 106 points at the halfway mark of the season , you can't count shortened season pace fatigue sets into players

Sounds like a cop out but you have to have watched him to understand. Crosby had at that point put up 120 already and looked way better as a player than he was then. He might have slowed down but it’s doubtful it would have been drastic. He was in his prime and had basically mastered modern hockey. McDavid will probably get close to that if he keeps working at his all around game.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Sounds like a cop out but you have to have watched him to understand. Crosby had at that point put up 120 already and looked way better as a player than he was then. He might have slowed down but it’s doubtful it would have been drastic. He was in his prime and had basically mastered modern hockey. McDavid will probably get close to that if he keeps working at his all around game.
Lol Gretzky was on pace for 250 points one season half way thru Lemieux 240 Lemieux ended up with 199 that season things balance out threw a whole season why they dont have a PPG award . Crosby probably would of had 120- 125 points full season

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Lol Gretzky was on pace for 250 points one season half way thru Lemieux 240 Lemieux ended up with 199 that season things balance out threw a whole season why they dont have a PPG award . Crosby probably would of had 120- 125 points full season

Oh I agree, but that’s still amazing isnt it?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Honestly, his wingers are not nearly as big a factor to unlocking further potential as upgrading his defense to support offense more.

I don't dream of giving him Laine or Kucherov. I dream of giving him Karlsson or even Barrie.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
All the points.

Seriously though the best thing about his game is he doesn’t need super star line mates to rely on.

Crosby is the same way.

These guys can play with anyone and still get theirs.

Think McDavid does it better. Nearly half of Crosby's points comes from playing with Malkin and Kessel on the PP.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Even funnier how the Salary Cap works...

Exactly. No question mcdavid is the best but with jets getting that lottery ball at the right time I imagine Laine doing the next truly special thing ... like 65 goals or something.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I bet on a good team his point totals drop in favor of two-way play since he doesn't have to create all of the offense and he actually can win playoff games/series.

ARoggy94

Dec 9, 2013
Ottawa
I mean if you put McDavid with 3 of the top 15 (10?) forwards in the league I think he'd easily get 120+. Charelli has really done a bad job.. You have to think McDavid between Hall and Eberle wins the Art Ross by 20 points

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Hall and mcdavid play a similar style in that both like carrying the puck into the zone. Would they work together? Sure. But their strengths would work better leading separate lines as they're clearly guys that can push the river on individual lines with limited teammates. With those two it becomes a why you put your eggs into a single basket situation.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
oh my god he'd get 500 points and win every trophy and the stanley cup and the gargarin cup and be nominated president of the united states of canada presented by mountain dew

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Who knows.

A big risk is that with linemates lile that he would have the puck alot less which might result in less points. Altho that line would be by far the best in the league. Only team that could rival that is pens with crosby malkin kessel on same line.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I mean if you put McDavid with 3 of the top 15 (10?) forwards in the league I think he'd easily get 120+. Charelli has really done a bad job.. You have to think McDavid between Hall and Eberle wins the Art Ross by 20 points
we tried that and it didn't work. It's somewhat popular now among fans to say that the sample was too small to suggest that Hall and McDavid didn't work together, but to me it looked like a style clash. Although, having them on different lines is an amazing luxury to have as well, with both players being monster 5 on 5 players.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Probably about the same as now.

Guys like Crosby and Ovechkin didnt see big point spikes when they got to play with Malkin/Backstrom.

I think the top guys generally get what they get regardless of linemates.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hall and mcdavid play a similar style in that both like carrying the puck into the zone. Would they work together? Sure. But their strengths would work better leading separate lines as they're clearly guys that can push the river on individual lines with limited teammates. With those two it becomes a why you put your eggs into a single basket situation.
I am sure they would figure it out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad