Post-Game Talk: McDavid hated that goal

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
kind of expected a better effort in second and third period against a team that played in Winnipeg yesterday.

Watching that OT, I didn’t think McDavid was ever going to shoot. Weird season from him.

Watching Kane in OT. Guy can barely skate anymore.

Once again though, nothing gets done offensively unless Mcdavid is involved. Not a great sign.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thought they put up a good fight in the 3rd. LOL..I was just trying to quote you.
Yeah. bit of a rally in the third for Blues but every Blues shot wasn't clean and the Thomas breakaway laughable. Great play by Nuge but you shouldn't be caught on that play.

Blues are an odd team. Fitting that they miss playoffs. That forward lineup wouldn't be much in playoffs.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
kind of expected a better effort in second and third period against a team that played in Winnipeg yesterday.

Watching that OT, I didn’t think McDavid was ever going to shoot. Weird season from him.

Once again though, nothing gets done offensively unless Mcdavid is involved. Not a great sign.
Kind of with you on this. Take the two pts but anything other than McD/Hyman was pretty meh. They kept saying it was a great game and it just wasn't. 2pts is 2pts.

Reactions: Duke74

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hey if theres any betters heres a pretty good parlay for every oilers game

Hyman +0.5 Points
Hyman 1 goal
McDavid 1 point
Hyman 4 shots
Mcdavid 4 Shots

Usually spits out around a 9x payout

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Kane is concerning. He might be discouraged from that laceration. He's not engaged as he once was and doesn't fight anymore.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People have been speculating about Connor maybe having something wrong with wrist. Seems as if the goal tonight even backs that up, Kind of didn't get mustard on it and they the offspeed fools Binnington who just gets a piece of it and the puck is a spinning top whirling into the corner. Like slow motion without slow motion. heh. Nice goal to see if you're behind the net. You know its a goal before it goes in. lol. Waiting waiting goal!!!!

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
GHeli85WoAAY3D9

1709181858313.png

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Great comeback victory and great game for McDavid, Hyman and Skinner.

How do the Skinner haters feel?
This is like Connor Brown scoring in the next two games in a row and us yelling how them Connor Brown haters feel lol

I don't think a goalie upgrade is up there so we have to ride and die with what we have.

I still don't trust him unless I see solid play in the playoffs and we are not saying "fuk always second best goalie" every second game and no goalie pulls

Gave him props for tonight. Just doesn't happen a lot. He actually helped in this one and you can say we won because of him

I wouldn't say that for games in the streak besides Nashville and the rangers game. Winnipeg too

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Kind of with you on this. Take the two pts but anything other than McD/Hyman was pretty meh. They kept saying it was a great game and it just wasn't. 2pts is 2pts.
If it's not McDavid/Hyman/Drai/Bouch these days not a lot is happening. At some point it has to be a concern.

What I liked about the 16 streak was that top to bottom we were getting contributions.

This seems more like the Oilers of the last couple of seasons.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Buchnevich would be a huge add. He’s a gamer.

Sundqvist is another guy I’ve mentioned repeatedly who was very involved tonight. Played quite a few shifts against our top line, drew a penalty against them at the end of a period. He’s big and physical, would make a solid 4th line addition for cheap.
He'd also get lots of diving penalties if he played for us.

Hes a clown, keep him away

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad