Recalled/Assigned: McCoshen sent down to Springfield 1/25/18

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Good move.

This is a guy who will never be anything more than a shutdown defenseman at 216 lbs that plays like 190. He spent 3 years at BC and looks like he never touched a weight. On top of that he's Irish and can't fight. John Wayne would be very disappointed. :laugh:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Way too soon to write him off. He will be back, just needs some confidence, to me this is preparation for when Petro is dealt.
They'd be idiots to move the only player on the blue line that can play a physical game plus is a solid 4-6 Dman. McCoshen has a lot of work to do but if they move Pysyk at some point, then who knows. :)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
They'd be idiots to move the only player on the blue line that can play a physical game plus is a solid 3rd liner. McCoshen has a lot of work to do but if they move Pysyk at some point, then who knows. :)

Pysyk is definitely the guy Dalé will be looking if something needs to be unloaded from the backend.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Can’t wait until Petro and his idiot brother is moved. Mccoshen was great at times up here. He will be a good player for us moving forward.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
They'd be idiots to move the only player on the blue line that can play a physical game plus is a solid 4-6 Dman. McCoshen has a lot of work to do but if they move Pysyk at some point, then who knows. :)

Petrovic can play physical but isn't good at it.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
I liked him a lot at times. Did have some solid games earlier in the season. At times I even thought he was one of the better defensive player on the team and did show his shot a few times. Started to see some mistakes as season progressed and Petro got more time. Has a good history behind him, he should be able to make the jump full time next season.

It is a good move to get him play a key role in the AHL. He's been relatively high in the prospect lists in the past and none of that has changed for me. He still has the potential to be a very good 2nd pairing D.
AGREE. he will be back, hopefully.

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
McCoshen has potential but he is another example of our cheap ownership rushing a prospect who is not ready and thus stunting his development. What did him sitting in the pressbox the last 10-15 games do for his development? Zilch. Nada. Either play these guys or send them down to refine their toolbox in the minors. I fear the same will happen to Tippett next season, who does not look close to being ready to play in the NHL from my view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad