Recalled/Assigned: McCann recalled from Springfield

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Call up who ever you want but why is a call up being put on the first list? :laugh:

Because we are still close the playoff race (regardless of how far we are from actually looking like a playoff team this season) and we still need to win games. No one has been scoring from the NHL players on the team, so why not try other things?

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Because we are still close the playoff race (regardless of how far we are from actually looking like a playoff team this season) and we still need to win games. No one has been scoring from the NHL players on the team, so why not try other things?

Unfortunately true, it can't be any worse and with this many key injuries, what other real choice is there? We can say "make a trade", but 1. it takes 2 to tango and 2. what are we going to sacrifice at this point that isn't part of our future (something has to have value) to maybe salvage the season? There's not a lot of choices in this matter.

Also, why are we calling for Bjugstad to be traded? His value right now can't be too high and the guy has dealt with multiple injuries, not to mention having to be moved around both lines AND positions. I don't think he's worthy of top line minutes of course, but I cannot see us trading him so easily. If he gets back on track, that contract is golden.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Unfortunately true, it can't be any worse and with this many key injuries, what other real choice is there? We can say "make a trade", but 1. it takes 2 to tango and 2. what are we going to sacrifice at this point that isn't part of our future (something has to have value) to maybe salvage the season? There's not a lot of choices in this matter.

Also, why are we calling for Bjugstad to be traded? His value right now can't be too high and the guy has dealt with multiple injuries, not to mention having to be moved around both lines AND positions. I don't think he's worthy of top line minutes of course, but I cannot see us trading him so easily. If he gets back on track, that contract is golden.

Agree, and who do we actually have that's worth much? Our 1st round pick? Maybe. Ian McCoshen? He's not projected to be much more than a good 3rd pair defenseman right now, so what's his actual value?

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

I get that we have to try other things to an extent...but I think one of our regular players playing above him is a better idea.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I get that we have to try other things to an extent...but I think one of our regular players playing above him is a better idea.

The regular player who has 2 points in 20 games and has looked ineffective for about 95 percent of his time on the ice?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Name a winger in the minors they could call up, with more upside and pro experience that could play top line...

No idea who is in the minors and you criticize the move.

Like i post it to Batting, no matter who you call up current, Hunt, Harper, McCann non of them are Scorer we would need. Maybe McCann had more NHL Expierence, but lack in Games he played and Condition Problems.

So i named other Winger option already on the Batting Post. Maybe you overread it.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Agree, and who do we actually have that's worth much? Our 1st round pick? Maybe. Ian McCoshen? He's not projected to be much more than a good 3rd pair defenseman right now, so what's his actual value?

But isnt Bjugstad mid term contract something other Franchieses could speculate, what could happen if he get Healthy and back to his old Form. What gives him Value that you can plan secure for 4-5 Years more with him.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Like i post it to Batting, no matter who you call up current, Hunt, Harper, McCann non of them are Scorer we would need. Maybe McCann had more NHL Expierence, but lack in Games he played and Condition Problems.

So i named other Winger option already on the Batting Post. Maybe you overread it.

Well the point is moot because McCann won't be on the top line, at least to start the game. Either way though, I'd rather have McCann in the lineup / on the top line or top 6 than Thornton, Rau, Thompson, etc.

Sure, McCann may not score. But he has the tools and has a higher chance of scoring than the list of AHL guys that could've also been called up.

I would not be surprised to see McCann have a much better showing than his first stint...he was getting better before he was sent down and looked very good in the AHL games I saw him play.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Well the point is moot because McCann won't be on the top line, at least to start the game. Either way though, I'd rather have McCann in the lineup / on the top line or top 6 than Thornton, Rau, Thompson, etc.

Sure, McCann may not score. But he has the tools and has a higher chance of scoring than the list of AHL guys that could've also been called up.

I would not be surprised to see McCann have a much better showing than his first stint...he was getting better before he was sent down and looked very good in the AHL games I saw him play.

Okay that is a Point i can live with. Cause we would never know who would be the best option to call up. So lets wait and see what he can bring in or the difference from the prefer Games.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
The regular player who has 2 points in 20 games and has looked ineffective for about 95 percent of his time on the ice?

No not Bjugs necessarily. March or Jokinen over the player who did nothing in 17 games, got demoted, and did not light up the AHL. :laugh:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I'd rather McCann stay up and get fed 1st line minutes, PP and OT ice, and shootouts for the remainder of the year instead of Griffith. Time to get rid of Griffith, he's trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad