ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Sweet. Might as well recall him.

Now will he be at wing or center?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
McCann will be with Trocheck and Jagr tomorrow.

Isn´t it a bit funny. I could mean you wrote a Story about, the Panthers want give McCann more time to get more expierence and confidence.

Sorry i could only shake my Head and think what the **** is wrong with the Managment. You can call up any winger with a bit more expierence when it is only for one Game.

Today say this, tomorrow they will tell you, the world is flat.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Isn´t it a bit funny. I could mean you wrote a Story about, the Panthers want give McCann more time to get more expierence and confidence.

Sorry i could only shake my Head and think what the **** is wrong with the Managment. You can call up any winger with a bit more expierence when it is only for one Game.

Tell me who they should've called up instead of McCann.

With Barkov out, they could afford to call up Sgarbossa because they like him a lot and he's a decent player...Trocheck could move up, Bjugstad, etc. But now Griffith is out, another piece of the top line who they liked how he was playing and cycling the puck.

Are they going to call up Rau who isn't fit for a top6 role and was just sent back down, Hunt who has never played an NHL game, Hawryluk who has 1.25 pro games played, Harper who's not a top 6 guy? I mean they really had no choice.

Sure I just wrote an article on McCann...everything in that article still stands. They didn't plan on losing Griffith...you gotta do what you gotta do, we need some sort of skill in the lineup...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

They literally have no clue what they r doing... they constantly say one thing do another.. there's no plan they r just reacting to stuff happening with no real knowledge of any of it.. kind of pathetic but humorous at the same time

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
They literally have no clue what they r doing... they constantly say one thing do another.. there's no plan they r just reacting to stuff happening with no real knowledge of any of it.. kind of pathetic but humorous at the same time

Again, please tell me who should've been called up instead of McCann. Things aren't easy when it's one injury after another.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
They could have called up Rau and put him in the bottom 6, then moved one of the regular players up to the first line.

To me the weird thing is putting him on the first line, not calling him up.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Again, please tell me who should've been called up instead of McCann. Things aren't easy when it's one injury after another.

Calling up McCann isn't the issue.. playing him on top line is an issue when bjugstad hasnt gotten that chance yet but they will take McCann out of position to do so when they r trying to get him ready to play center... great development... goes against everything they just said

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Tell me who they should've called up instead of McCann.

With Barkov out, they could afford to call up Sgarbossa because they like him a lot and he's a decent player...Trocheck could move up, Bjugstad, etc. But now Griffith is out, another piece of the top line who they liked how he was playing and cycling the puck.

Are they going to call up Rau who isn't fit for a top6 role and was just sent back down, Hunt who has never played an NHL game, Hawryluk who has 1.25 pro games played, Harper who's not a top 6 guy? I mean they really had no choice.

Sure I just wrote an article on McCann...everything in that article still stands. They didn't plan on losing Griffith...you gotta do what you gotta do, we need some sort of skill in the lineup...

Where is the difference between small NHL expierence and not even fit enough during Camp. And non NHL expierence and healthy Player. When it is only for a few Games, then Hunt or Harper. 17 Games 11 Points, from all the options he had the best stats.

No one can tell me, that McCann is called up and have Line chemistry. With Hunt and Jagr you would have two players who shoot the Puck and Trocheck for half deliever Boy.

I see there no differnce who you call up, but it looks, call it strange, when you give a statement about time next moment the Call him up.

To bring it to the Point, not McCann, not Rau, not Harper, no matter who none of them is an Top 6 NHL Player. But then i took the Player who proof he can Score.

So my chose would be Harper or Hunt. Give McCann the Time he need.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

I dont think they don´t know what to do. But from a logical Standpoint current hard to get. There to much things, that doesnt go the Way they thought.
Aslong i dont know their thought or plans, i only can guess and post my point of View and opinion.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I dont think they don´t know what to do. But from a logical Standpoint current hard to get. There to much things, that doesnt go the Way they thought.
Aslong i dont know their thought or plans, i only can guess and post my point of View and opinion.

It was evident they had no plan this offseason when they had matheson as top4 ld and pysyk the only other ld... they r lucky they haven't had injury to ld yet but it will happen... also U brought up a great point.. they stated they don't want him to go up and down and want him to be up for good next call up.. well I doubt the handful of ahl games made any difference as that's not even time to adjust to the league.. they r just out of their element in my opinion

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I thought Harper did enough to at least be a Callup with all these injuries. Wonder why he hasn't got a second chance.

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
Calling up McCann isn't the issue.. playing him on top line is an issue when bjugstad hasnt gotten that chance yet but they will take McCann out of position to do so when they r trying to get him ready to play center... great development... goes against everything they just said

Why do you think Bjugstad hasn't gotten a chance as a winger on top line? Do you think management doesn't want him to succeed? Maybe he doesn't like playing wing, or he's uncomfortable at the position or he doesn't mesh with Jagr's style. Maybe they want to spread the talent out, and loading our current best guys on one line doesn't seem like a good idea.

Every game they seem to have an injury which knocks a line out of sync and then guys are being moved around. They said they want to be patient with McCann, next day, Griffith out a week so you need to make a move. No disrespect to Rau, but I'd rather have McCann in the lineup than Rau any day of the week.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden

Sure, why not? It's not like Griffith is a top 6 guy either, never was and likely never will be. But I agree with you actually that McCann was the better option most likely. I just hope he can play at least like he did before he was sent down. I thought he was getting a little better, and hopefully playing with Trocheck and Jagr can help him up his game a little extra.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Name a winger in the minors they could call up, with more upside and pro experience that could play top line...

No idea who is in the minors and you criticize the move.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Name a winger in the minors they could call up, with more upside and pro experience that could play top line...

No idea who is in the minors and you criticize the move.

We'll not that I'm against McCann being called up, but they could of tried to put Bjugstad up there and/or Shane Harper.
They tried Bjugstad at wing earlier, and it's not like he is providing secondary scoring Manning the third line.
Could of put Malgin at #2, Sgar at 3 etc.
Not like Griffith had #1 upside. He just fit the system I guess.

Especially with the team wanting to patient with him.

Any who, hope McCann can gel with Trocheck and Jagr asap. Especially on the wing.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We'll not that I'm against McCann being called up, but they could of tried to put Bjugstad up there and/or Shane Harper.
They tried Bjugstad at wing earlier, and it's not like he is providing secondary scoring Manning the third line.
Could of put Malgin at #2, Sgar at 3 etc.
Not like Griffith had #1 upside. He just fit the system I guess.

Especially with the team wanting to patient with him.

Any who, hope McCann can gel with Trocheck and Jagr asap. Especially on the wing.

No doubt, but they needed a winger, he is playing ok, played with the team earlier in the year, debate not putting him on the top line, but out of available options and with who we have left upfront, who else could they callup regardless of the spot in lineup?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Agree with Chaos.

No offense, but none of you watch the AHL games, so you're not really in a position to say who should be called up and who shouldn't be.

If you want to just go by the stats, Hunt has scored twice since October 28th and Harper hasn't scored in a month. And so it's ok for Harper to be called up and put on the top line but Griffith belongs in the AHL and shouldn't be on the top line?

Hunt has the potential to be a goal scorer, yes, but he isn't ready for a top line spot in the NHL yet, even if it's only for a couple games. Rau has shown absolutely nothing offensively in the NHL so there's nothing to suggest he should be back up.

:help:

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Call up who ever you want but why is a call up being put on the first list? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad