McAvoy slew foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen

I'm not sure you know what the word "ignorant" means, which is pretty ironic.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lots of new hockey fans in this thread, i see. Good for the sport, but i suggest reading a rulebook before starting threads or commenting about infractions or the lack thereof.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Apparently you didn't watch it in game either. It was dirty, but feel free to continue denying the blatantly obvious.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to accomplish with your first point, it really adds nothing to the discussion and also makes no sense because I watched the entire game.

As to the blatantly obvious. Its odd that something so blatantly obvious is actually the minority opinion in this thread.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Next time a Leafs fan complains about everyone on HF hating them unfairly I'm going to direct them to this thread

Most of our fans are too nice to tell you the truth. I'm not one of them though. You can't use me as an example. This is an outlier. Loose cannon.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
really ignorant things.....like 4 refs missing a puck that clearly hit the glass before going over and calling a delay of game penalty?????

If 4 refs get together and none of them saw it clearly, you can't call a penalty because we think maybe it went directly over. And I would say this no matter what team it got called on, even my hated Flyers

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
He didn't slew foot him, but by watching McAvoy's body/leg/right arm movement a toddler can easily tell he definitely tried which might as well be the same thing..

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
When you come together in a collision like that, the inside edge of your outside skate is going to be bearing the load of force. That's why both of their inside legs came up.

McAvoy just got the better of it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Might I ask, what foot do you think was doing the "slewing"?
His right foot, which hit the back of the players legs while his right arm was pushing the upper body back. It wasn't very well executed but it was at the very least a partial or attempted slew foot. I don't think it's that big a deal, and I have no affinity for either team really but it was what it was.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It was 100% a slewfoot. Hopefully the nhl reviews the dirty play.
What was more hilarious was McGuire selling the notion that Hyman jumped off his own two feet to sell the call. Now that is ridiculous. Never seen such biased officiating from Pierre McGuire. Thought he was a Pens fan..seemed more like a B's fan last night.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Can't see contact of foot too calf ,but what was charlie doin', just decided to stretch his leg,while simultaneously pushing back on Hyman with his arm!
I't's at least a penalty. Hyman doesn't normally go down very easy. It really has to be embarrassing for the Refs if they review the game at all!
If we are going to make threads for "at least a penalty" there should be about 8000 of them from last night on both sides. Which was kinda funny because they only essentially called 2 (besides the scrum at the end), one of which was a missed call lol. Wasn't a great night for the zebras but that's pretty much par for the course, I don't let it bother me...

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
LOL that 2nd angle shows McAvoy got no leverage with the foot. All upper body to an off balanced opponent. Is this hockey or some new sport where we make a new thread whenever one of our boys falls down.

Playoffs in this places makes me think all the psycho hockey parents exist on HF Boards

Reactions: hambone1818

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
It certainly looked like he "tried" to slewfoot him, but unless I'm missing something he actually missed the back of his skates. Honest question...is it a penalty for attempting to slewfoot a guy?

I'd say the outrage about this being a dirty play might be a little bit over the top. I think slewfooting dudes is a bush league play, so shame on McAvoy for apparently making the attempt...but the outrage might need to be toned down a bit considering he didn't actually accomplish it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Pierre called Hyman out for embellishment right after he did it.

There was no slewfoot

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
If we are going to make threads for "at least a penalty" there should be about 8000 of them from last night on both sides. Which was kinda funny because they only essentially called 2 (besides the scrum at the end), one of which was a missed call lol. Wasn't a great night for the zebras but that's pretty much par for the course, I don't let it bother me...
It's rarely a 'great nite' for any zebras....and yes,it is what it is...as they say. I'm still gonna watch,but I reserve the right to call them out!

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Execute him

317579-19;1460548622i.jpg

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
Dear lord...I'm not bothering with the 6 pages of this thread but people are really looking at those videos and calling this a slewfoot? You have to actively kick out a leg from behind for it to be a slewfoot, what are you guys even talking about? McAvoy bodied Hyman from the side, he did NOT kick his legs out from behind him. Maybe if Hyman were stronger on his skates he'd be able to handle a little muscling from a 20 year old :laugh:

Reactions: BruinLVGA

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
LOL that 2nd angle shows McAvoy got no leverage with the foot. All upper body to an off balanced opponent. Is this hockey or some new sport where we make a new thread whenever one of our boys falls down.

Playoffs in this places makes me think all the psycho hockey parents exist on HF Boards
This, exactly.

McAvoy bodied Hyman, he used upper body leverage to knock an opponent on his ass, nothing more. I can't understand even thinking this is a penalty during physical playoff games let along a suspension, this place has gotten insane.

Reactions: Bmessy

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It certainly looked like he "tried" to slewfoot him, but unless I'm missing something he actually missed the back of his skates. Honest question...is it a penalty for attempting to slewfoot a guy?

I'd say the outrage about this being a dirty play might be a little bit over the top. I think slewfooting dudes is a bush league play, so shame on McAvoy for apparently making the attempt...but the outrage might need to be toned down a bit considering he didn't actually accomplish it.

Nope. Some fouls can be called even if the offending player "failed". e.g. Slashing and Spearing can be called even if the offending player doesn't make contact (not that we often see that happen). Slew-footing isn't one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad