McAvoy slash on Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Bennett took a whack at Ullmark and got whacked in response. Happens every single time that anyone ever takes a whack at a goaltender. Which is why it McAvoy didn’t get called. What’s he supposed to do, stand there and watch Bennett whack away at his goaltender? f*** me.
Bennett took a “whack?” He tapped his glove with his stick, that’s deserving of a double ax handle swing into his skate then everything else that went with it? all that happens every single time? Lmao no it doesn’t. I’m all about protecting your goalie, don’t touch him, etc.
Regular season that’s a penalty, maybe even earlier in the game it is. McAvoy’s actions were overboard, Bennett didn’t whack away, can the hyperbole.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
An infantile response.

(Almost) no one is saying McAvoy should be sent to the gallows, but a slash and a couple of punches is a minor penalty, at least.
Exactly. Other than them calling the bench minor in the dying minutes of an elimination game (when they didn’t call Boston for one in game 1 or 2) I’m fine with no call there to a degree, but act like this isn’t an easy two during the season. Or in periods one or two.

Man some of you seemed to have just watched your first playoff hockey game. And this game was pretty tame for all that. SMH.
Cause an over the head chop happens every year. You’re right, first time.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
And yet you’ve never seen a guy slash another guy after he just slashed your goaltender. Mildest “two-hander” I’ve ever seen.
Lol: proportionate response my friend (and retaliation as well). Complex concept.

I’ve been told that there’s some good institutions next to Boston in Cambridge; see if you can matriculate there: it would clearly benefit you

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
It's absolutely mind numbing that there is some sort of debate that doesn't deserve a 2 minute slashing call. Lol.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Kind of funny seeing McAvoy take a couple swings at Bennett because Sam Bennett would absolutely throttle McAvoy if they dropped the gloves. Good discipline by Bennett there and should have drawn a PP out of that.
Was going to post the same thing. Bennett would 100% kill McAvoy.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

ijuka

May 14, 2016
"he chopped the goalie" - so then just push and shove him a couple of times, as usual. That's no free ticket to axe chopping their foot and then sucker punching a vulnerable person to the back of the head.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
… yet this was a penalty…

The NHL, ladies and gentlemen.

Skating towards the referee and deciding to slash your opponent while you're yelling at the referee might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a hockey rink.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kind of funny seeing McAvoy take a couple swings at Bennett because Sam Bennett would absolutely throttle McAvoy if they dropped the gloves. Good discipline by Bennett there and should have drawn a PP out of that.
Surprisingly good restraint from Bennett. A few years ago he probably retaliates and it ends up costing them their season.

McAvoy is barking up the wrong tree though. If game 6 gets lopsided I fully expect Bennett to challenge and subsequently bloody McAvoy. Kid can chuck em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad