McArdle or O'Marra

maseman19

May 1, 2006
Who do you think is going to be the more productive (point wise) player at the NHL level? From what I've read it seems that O'Marra is more suited to be a leader and two-way center while McArdle has more scoring potential. Thanks!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
can speak for McCardle, but my guess is O'Marra will be a good 50-60 point 2 way center

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'd say O'Marra is a safer bet... he's smarter, his safe projection as a reliable 2-way center is pretty much money in the bank IMO.

I used to love watching McArdle's puck-pursuit energy on TV, but watching him live for 4 games I'm not really sure if he's ever going to be more than an energy line player in the NHL. At least, that's his safe projection. But I don't see any real finishing skills or much hockey sense in his game. The extra energy combined with *decent* skill lets him star in juniors. But as he steps up, he loses his advantage. I can see him becoming more like the many Kirk Maltbys, Todd Harveys, etc, who had some numbers in junior but don't necessarily carry their advantages to the NHL. Of course, who knows, maybe he can ramp that up a bit, I don't know, maybe there's a Martin Gelinas or Raffi Torres side he can bring himself up to too. Still, I don't know if that's quite what people are hoping for if they're looking at him for "scoring potential"? :dunno:

As always, anything can happen and probably will. But I'll take O'Marra for now as having the higher point scoring potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad