Value of: Mayfield to Edmonton

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
The Oilers still have to sign Yamamoto, McLeod & Puljujarvi (or his replacement) with limited cap space. The obvious subtractions include Foegele and Barrie, with the latter likely being shipped out if the RFAs don't take discounts.

If Barrie is on the move, what would it take to bring Mayfield to Edmonton?

I will start things by offering Edmonton's 2023 2nd + Raphael Lavoie.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Oilers still have to sign Yamamoto, McLeod & Puljujarvi (or his replacement) with limited cap space. The obvious subtractions include Foegele and Barrie, with the latter likely being shipped out if the RFAs don't take discounts.

He’s going to cost a lot more than that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If I were running the Isles, I would make the trade for Yamamoto. Not sure if there needs to be a kicker here in exchanging draft picks. But Isles have a solid top 4 D with the Romanov trade. Mayfield at 1.45M this year would be a hit, but it is unlikely the Isles can retain him after this year. Isles would like a skilled young scoring fwd. I think Yamamoto could fit the bill.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
On a good team Mayfield is a 5-6 guy the reason why he is valuable is because he is on a joke of a contract. I can't see the Islanders trading him since we are already looking to solidify the 6th spot.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Assuming Barrie is dealt separately, both of Yamamoto & Puljujarvi for Mayfield, Beauvillier, and a small add.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Here we go again. The Islanders have no reason to trade him at the moment. If they did, think painful overpayment. Physical RHD at $1.45m is a very hard to find type of player and in demand in the league.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Do you all have a scoring winger to trade us in return? I don't see the fit other than from Edmonton's side.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Not saying he couldn't fetch a 1st, but I always love it when people post things like "no less than..."

Then we all see the players get traded for whatever it was there was no way they were being traded for.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Lavoie is a C level prospect. Carries hardly any value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glorydays22

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If Isles fans think he gets a 1st that isn't really a huge difference in value. It's called negotiating.
but those don't do anything for the Isles. A 1st is much better than a 2nd + 'player added to make up the difference'

Isles have no incentive to trade him unless we stink next year and even then I think the Isles should resign him vs trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad