Speculation: Maybe we're more like LA then we let on

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I am not saying we have their top 6, but they sucked hind tit and crawled into the playoffs before winning it all. I guess it is wishful thinking that the same will happen to us. Something needs to give.

Yes, I am slightly passionate and crazy. Guess that comes with being a hockey fan.:help:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe were not! :shakehead At least not this yr & IMO we are way to soft to be any where near as tough as LA.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Doughty, Voynov, Scuderi, Greene, Mitchell, Johnson.

They have a way better defensive core than we do now. Not to mention Jonathan ****ing Quick that year. Heck, Lehner or Andy can maybe do same but the defense is far off.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Nothing wrong with wishful thinking, but :laugh:

Oh how I'd love for us to be the next LA!

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Doughty, Voynov, Scuderi, Greene, Mitchell, Johnson.

They have a way better defensive core than we do now. Not to mention Jonathan ****ing Quick that year. Heck, Lehner or Andy can maybe do same but the defense is far off.

I talked about signing scuderi in the off season... didn't pitts get him?

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
There was a good quote from Sutter on NHL.com the other day.

To paraphrase, he said they aren't a "high-low" team, and that's what makes them a good team.

Now look at us.

Berserker*

So all we have to do is trade for Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and Dustin Penner (or three comparable players) then. :sarcasm:

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Doughty-Karlsson
Greene-Methot
Mitchell-uhhh Phillips?
Martinez-Corvo....
Voynov-Wiercioch
Regher-uhhh Cowen?

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
IIRC L.A were losses were because they couldnt score, they often would lose 1-0, 2-1, tight games. The sens on the other hand.....

Gothenburg 40*

I actually think Ottawa might be a better team this year. The problem is (and there's more than one), is that this is a new league this year (new divisional rivals, new rules, etc) AND most teams in the NE have gotten better. I think the Sens aren't as doomed as they appear, however certain changes could and probably should be done eventually (Spezza, Anderson, and Cowen come to mind). Michalek has been horrid too, but in my mind he was never really wanted by Sens mgmt.

I believe this team is comparable to the Kings team that won the cup. That year they struggled, made two huge trades (that they overpaid for) and surprised everyone in the end. By my count, Ottawa is one more big trade away from possibly following that route.

As for comparing the defenses of both teams....no one had problems with doing this LAST YEAR. Sens just have some kinks to figure out, some players to develop (Ceci, Wiercioch, possibly Cowen if he's not traded), and with time they might even be better than the KIng's 'd'.

I can remember back in the day comparing Karlsson's rookie stats with Doughty's, arguing Karlsson's were better....and NOBODY agreed with me that the two were comparable then.

Now, most would probably say Karlsson's better. Hindsight being the key.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Meh

I'd rather we not compare ourselves to one of the best teams in the NHL on the back of a hot streak

Let's see if this team can be as dominant as the Kings were in 2012

Karlsson2Turris*

The Kings rolled through the tough West in 2012 with ease. Let's not get carried away here...

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
alright, alright...

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad