Pre-Game Talk: Maybe We Shock the World and Win: Leafs @ the Blues on HNIC 1-17-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Leafs lose 4-2, However we outshoot the blues 34 to 28. Coaching staff claims another moral victory.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Leafs will NOT shock anybody, they'll lose BIG TIME, because, that's what they do as a team, LOSE!

This team is STOCKED with LOSERS! No way they even beat a PeeWee team!

I'm DISGUSTED with this bunch of OVERPAID PRIMA DONNAS!

Now, if by some chance they show up, and beat the Blues, it'll because the Blues took them too lightly and screwed the pooch themselves!

Having said all this... Go Leafs Go!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
2008-2009 for me:
Leafs sucked
Raps sucked
Lions went 0-16

:facepalm:
I've been a Lions fan all my life. 0-16 wasn't bad at all. It was the culmination of all the years of hell. Now we have Matt "Phil Kessel" Stafford at QB underwhelming we are set for some half decent playoff pretender years.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
LOLwut? He was literally at the same point in his development as Kadri.
Guess you didn't hear some of his interviews near the end when the team was sucking as usual?. He was as arrogant as McCabe ever was and without the body of work to at least back it up.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Blues are a really deep talented team that are big and strong.

If the Leafs won this game it would come as quite an unexpected surprise.

Detroit beat them the other night in OT so they're coming off a loss which might make them more snarly then usual.

Go Leafs Go !!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think we lose...big. I HOPE that the loss triggers the start of the detonation of the core. The last thing I want is a useless winning streak after this ****show.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I think we lose...big. I HOPE that the loss triggers the start of the detonation of the core. The last thing I want is a useless winning streak after this ****show.
This franchise is so incompetent they'll probably wire the core for detonation and then the charges will fail to go off.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This franchise is so incompetent they'll probably wire the core for detonation and then the charges will fail to go off.

Yup....because they overpaid for inadequate equipment, in keeping with proper MLSE protocal.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Okay so, I am wondering something here..

Each GDT for the past month, it's filled with people cursing out the team, how much they hate them, how much they can't win, how much the organization sucks, etc.

Even in this thread, there are people saying they are cheering AGAINST the team..

So why do you guys even bother anymore? I mean, the time has clearly come for you. Whenever someone asks this question, people say that 10 years with 7 playoffs games, blah blah, why bother?

Why not pick an up and coming team, who has rebuilt the proper way you think a team should be, and cheer for them? Instead, real fans like myself have to sift through negativity after negativity when we are trying to cheer for the team we love.

IMO you are not a true fan if you only like the team when they are winning, and even then, a lot of these same people still talk the same way even when we win about how we will just collapse or whatever.

Are the leafs contenders? Nope, but I like the players we have, I think we have a bright future with all our great draft selections the past few years, and I want them to always try to win.

It's funny how people are fed up with the team for not making the playoffs yet halfway into a losing streak the majority of the fans are calling for everyone to be traded.

Just something that's bugged me lately.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

Each GDT for the past month, it's filled with people cursing out the team, how much they hate them, how much they can't win, how much the organization sucks, etc.

Even in this thread, there are people saying they are cheering AGAINST the team..

So why do you guys even bother anymore? I mean, the time has clearly come for you. Whenever someone asks this question, people say that 10 years with 7 playoffs games, blah blah, why bother?

Why not pick an up and coming team, who has rebuilt the proper way you think a team should be, and cheer for them? Instead, real fans like myself have to sift through negativity after negativity when we are trying to cheer for the team we love.

IMO you are not a true fan if you only like the team when they are winning, and even then, a lot of these same people still talk the same way even when we win about how we will just collapse or whatever.

Are the leafs contenders? Nope, but I like the players we have, I think we have a bright future with all our great draft selections the past few years, and I want them to always try to win.

It's funny how people are fed up with the team for not making the playoffs yet halfway into a losing streak the majority of the fans are calling for everyone to be traded.

I don't care for the excessive negativity, disrespect and pure hatred that gets expressed by some around here, but at this point I do see an upside to losing. The thought of making significant changes to our roster is exciting, and it seems to me that losses are more likely to provoke that. And I'm not a believer in "tanking" (whatever that is), but yes I can get excited about a high draft pick.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Win this game and the whole season changes. That said, this pile of **** team isn't beating anyone.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm honestly not quite as worried about this team as everyone else here. I think we'll put together a good winning streak pretty soon (especially if some of our injured players come back).

I feel like a lot of people suffer from "results oriented thinking" which is a poker term.

"Results-oriented is thinking a particular play is bad simply because it didn't work out to what they think is a positive result. It is a terrible way of thinking."

Just because we lost the last game against the Sharks, doesn't mean we're horrible. I thought we should have won it. Their goal shouldn't have counted and we came very close to scoring a number of times. It was the second game of a back to back against a tough team, it was a late game because of the timezone, we have some significant injuries, etc.

Now that Carlyle is gone, I'm a lot more optimistic about the team. I still think we can make the playoffs... but it'll probably be pretty tight.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

I think you kinda just have to step back and look at the big picture. It only shows how passionate this fan base is. The media loves to provoke us and it works.

Sometimes it's over-the-top the way some fans attack the team but these same posters defend when other fanbase attack their beloved team. If they didn't care they wouldn't even be here so think of this us just one big support group -- just good 'ol therapy and place to vent their frustration!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

When did you first become a Leafs fan? Do you ever remember them being good? Honest answer please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad