Pre-Game Talk: Maybe We Shock the World and Win: Leafs @ the Blues on HNIC 1-17-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Okay so, I am wondering something here..

Each GDT for the past month, it's filled with people cursing out the team, how much they hate them, how much they can't win, how much the organization sucks, etc.

Even in this thread, there are people saying they are cheering AGAINST the team..

So why do you guys even bother anymore? I mean, the time has clearly come for you. Whenever someone asks this question, people say that 10 years with 7 playoffs games, blah blah, why bother?

Why not pick an up and coming team, who has rebuilt the proper way you think a team should be, and cheer for them? Instead, real fans like myself have to sift through negativity after negativity when we are trying to cheer for the team we love.

IMO you are not a true fan if you only like the team when they are winning, and even then, a lot of these same people still talk the same way even when we win about how we will just collapse or whatever.

Are the leafs contenders? Nope, but I like the players we have, I think we have a bright future with all our great draft selections the past few years, and I want them to always try to win.

It's funny how people are fed up with the team for not making the playoffs yet halfway into a losing streak the majority of the fans are calling for everyone to be traded.

Just something that's bugged me lately.

It seems as though some think that what they "hope" for will have an actual bearing on the outcome.

You aren't a fan if you want your Team to lose. You can cheer for your Team to win realizing a loss is the likely outcome.

YOYOTCROSTER*

I hope they win but personnel is not good enough no matter what system is played. I know for a fact that Shanny who I played with in minor hockey has had talks with some of our friends and he knows the core is too weak. Issue is just when he can make the moves to get the right picks for the rebuild.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014

Each GDT for the past month, it's filled with people cursing out the team, how much they hate them, how much they can't win, how much the organization sucks, etc.

Even in this thread, there are people saying they are cheering AGAINST the team..

So why do you guys even bother anymore? I mean, the time has clearly come for you. Whenever someone asks this question, people say that 10 years with 7 playoffs games, blah blah, why bother?

Why not pick an up and coming team, who has rebuilt the proper way you think a team should be, and cheer for them? Instead, real fans like myself have to sift through negativity after negativity when we are trying to cheer for the team we love.

IMO you are not a true fan if you only like the team when they are winning, and even then, a lot of these same people still talk the same way even when we win about how we will just collapse or whatever.

Are the leafs contenders? Nope, but I like the players we have, I think we have a bright future with all our great draft selections the past few years, and I want them to always try to win.

It's funny how people are fed up with the team for not making the playoffs yet halfway into a losing streak the majority of the fans are calling for everyone to be traded.

Love these posts telling fans that get angry with the team that their not true fans. Fans reactions to adversity is different for everyone. Just cause fans are pissed and rightly so doesn't mean there not true fans.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario

I think you are not giving credit to these fans, even if they are negative. Do you really think they can just pick an up-and-coming team and cheer for them? REALLY? The same emotional attachment that makes you a fan makes these negative people fans too. It wouldn't be the same at all to cheer for someone else.

Your problem is you don't have perspective. At some point people can be legitimately disgusted. Your post is better suited for a complaining Blackhawks or Kings fan, for a fan whose team has won something lately.

Your post is not at all appropriate for a team that hasn't won the Cup since 1967, nor made the finals since then, and for a team that has made the playoffs only once in a decade, who has collapsed 4 years in a row and currently has a horrible, horrible roster.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
When Steen got shipped out, I don't think ANYBODY thought he was going to amount to much more than a 3rd line, 40 pt. kinda guy. He never showed any kind of offensive flair here or played physical - he was the epitome of NHL "average", really.

Hard to be upset over that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad