May the force be with you: All encompassing Star Wars thread (spoilers inside)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
With the consent of Emperor tigervixxxen we are starting the Star Wars The Force Awakens thread. Please discuss the movie here so us poor souls who can't see it right away can seeing any spoilers in the Lounge thread.

Me avoiding spoilers:

star_wars-animated_gif-7_zps32ebac1c.gif

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I think it should be for all Star Wars discussion, and spoilers should go in spoiler brackets.

[spoil] spoiler here [ /spoil]

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah it is probably a good idea to still use tags for a while. At least until us commoners can see it.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
It'll be a while before I go see it. I hate theaters that are packed, with lines that start an hour before the show.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What do we care if Bubba hasn't seen it. That guy is nothing! Nothing I tell ya! :sarcasm:

Make TV read all of it since she doesn't wanna see it. :naughty:

I just realized that thanks to Bubba....

Time for TV to step up to the plate then!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It'll be a while before I go see it. I hate theaters that are packed, with lines that start an hour before the show.

The 1:45 show was like halfway full here. Makes sense since it's Wednesday but that was nice, I thought opening day was out of the question altogether. Must be a different story over there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The 1:45 show was like halfway full here. Makes sense since it's Wednesday but that was nice, I thought opening day was out of the question altogether. Must be a different story over there.

Here in Edmonton at least the first two weeks of showings have already been sold out so I'm likely going to watch in January

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I casually went online and bought tickets for opening night just a few days ago. Was surprised at how many tickets were still available.

Almost like everyone just assumed it would be sold out.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Haha, I ain't reading this thread.

I thought the purpose was to not use spoiler tags. If you haven't seen the movie then don't post here :dunno:

Maybe after the Force has passed we can transfer this into an all encompassing movie thread but we'll see.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
they all die.. oops
sorry
was this supposed to be spoilers?

Someone dies.

Is it one of those useless Stormtroopers? Probably, right?

Maybe after the Force has passed we can transfer this into an all encompassing movie thread but we'll see.

A bunch of superhero movies are in the horizon.

This can be the thread where grown men discuss sci-fi and superhero movies and tell each other it's not nerdy.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think it was a really lazy storyline that Han, Luke, Leia and Chewy all die in that explosion right in the beginning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad