Injury Report: MAY 6: Neal, Orpik work in full gear during optional practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Eighteen players on ice so far for Penguins' optional workout. No Crosby, Fleury, Letang, Niskanen, Malkin, Jokinen or Cooke, among others..
http://twitter.com/MolinariPG/statuses/331472220817850368

//I'm guessing that Crosby is taking a nap after playing 25m/game after a month vacation.//

#Penguins at optional: 3 5 7 10 12 15 16 17 18 19 27 41 44 46 47 48 plus Vokoun, Hartzell
http://twitter.com/pgshelly/statuses/331472334395408384

Word is that Fleury opted out by saying 'I've seen enough shots already this week, thank you'. Can your sources confirm?

SteelFish87*

Trying to be a realist here. There is 0% chance he is scratched.

there's a small chance. insert Joe Vitale, move Jokinen to wing, sit Glass

that would help us a lot this series. We could use Vitale's energy, checking, speed, toughness, faceoff ability, etc

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yay lines with a healthy line up.

Duper - Sid - Iggy
Koon - Geno - Neal
Morrow - Juicy - Cookie
Vitale - Sutter - Kennedy

Letang Orpik
Martin Eaton
Nisky Murray

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Will Orpik be playing tomorrow? I need to know for my super mega fantasy league.

Also, I heard that James Neal contracted AIDS cancer and died at the zoo. Thanks for totally screwing up my team, dickwad. RIP.

After playing with Iginla, Malkin supposedly conceived a borscht based concoction to bring Neal back to life. Poor dumb kid . . . doesn't realize Neal's return means Bennett goes bye-bye, not the #floatingiggy.

As for Orpik, I think not playing the first three games is part of his master plan. He wanted Engo and Despres to set the bar so low that he couldn't possibly look like a **** up in game four no matter what he does. Time will tell if that plan worked . . . :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Duper - Sid - Iggy
Koon - Geno - Neal
Morrow - Juicy - Cookie

Letang Orpik
Martin Eaton
Nisky Murray

The fourth line isn't happening. The third line still sucks. The only thing of which I'm more certain is that those will NOT be the top two lines.

Bylsma is convinced that two ES goals, a minus rating, and getting outchanced 2 to 1 is killing it for the Koon-Sid-Duper line.

what chemistry:
we know OUR GAME
Kunitz-Sid-Duper
Iggy-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Morrow
Glass Jusi Adams

puked in my mouth again.

wgknestrick . . . may as well start practicing for tomorrow night, I suppose :)

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The fourth line isn't happening. The third line still sucks. The only thing of which I'm more certain is that those will NOT be the top two lines.

Bylsma is convinced that two ES goals, a minus rating, and getting outchanced 2 to 1 is killing it for the Koon-Sid-Duper line.

Switch Vitale and Morrow (you read right), and you've got something going.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
You people and your ******* line discussions in every thread. That's it. I'm calling the...

3ae7c86dcefefb5e66b07d57bd557a5cb32ddd78.png

This is the thread where we endlessly speculate how long a player is going to be out and ***** about them not coming back in a timely manner that we deem appropriate. Can we keep it straight, please?

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011

Duper - Sid - Iggy
Koon - Geno - Neal
Morrow - Juicy - Cookie

Letang Orpik
Martin Eaton
Nisky Murray

Why would you want Vitale?
He is so little skilled.
Give me Bennett, Kennedy, or even Glass.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
We are getting beat with speed because we moved all of our speedy-power forwards to the first line. Makes an effective first line, I guess, but doesn't leave much for the rest. Iggy is a skill player, but he's not fast, and BB is fast, but not gritty enough (yet) for what Malkin needs. With Neal back, that helps... but Iggy, Malkin, Neal just doesn't work. Kuntiz, Malkin, Neal is proven over and over, and Crosby has proven he can play with anyone. I don't get the problem, the top two lines need to be that way, but yeah, you're right, it will never be under Bylsma.

Sutter has been invisible. And Kennedy and Vitale are the speed that we need to insert into the lines to keep pace when the top two lines aren't on the ice... Glass and Adams are just too slow to play against the Islanders.

Regardless, still think Neal is the key to making the top two lines work in any order though. I hope he's healthy and in for game 4.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We are getting beat with speed because we moved all of our speedy-power forwards to the first line. Makes an effective first line, I guess, but doesn't leave much for the rest. Iggy is a skill player, but he's not fast, and BB is fast, but not gritty enough (yet) for what Malkin needs. With Neal back, that helps... but Iggy, Malkin, Neal just doesn't work. Kuntiz, Malkin, Neal is proven over and over, and Crosby has proven he can play with anyone. I don't get the problem, the top two lines need to be that way, but yeah, you're right, it will never be under Bylsma.

Sutter has been invisible. And Kennedy and Vitale are the speed that we need to insert into the lines to keep pace when the top two lines aren't on the ice... Glass and Adams are just too slow to play against the Islanders.

Regardless, still think Neal is the key to making the top two lines work in any order though. I hope he's healthy and in for game 4.

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who disagrees with any of that. Well, aside from one person, of course . . . ;)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Word is that Fleury opted out by saying 'I've seen enough shots already this week, thank you'. Can your sources confirm?

confirmed. But he put one into his own net and flipped Disco the double bird before walking off.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You people and your ******* line discussions in every thread. That's it. I'm calling the...

3ae7c86dcefefb5e66b07d57bd557a5cb32ddd78.png

This is the thread where we endlessly speculate how long a player is going to be out and ***** about them not coming back in a timely manner that we deem appropriate. Can we keep it straight, please?

DA, I would like to sit down with you over a nice, racist pizza and some alcohol, and discuss lines for the next 6 hours.

[ ] Yes [ ] No

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Joe Vitale . . . third line?

It's not about putting player X in a certain spot because of what his "role" is on the team, such as putting Vitale on the 4th line because he's Joe Vitale.

I'm looking at it in terms of that third line requiring speed and tenacity, and Joe V. fits that bill.

Joe V. with Juice and Cooke could me a good third line with a nice mix.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Can't edit because I was given a timeout a couple of weeks ago, but I want to add that Bennett would remain in top six, so he's not sitting for Vitale.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's not about putting player X in a certain spot because of what his "role" is on the team, such as putting Vitale on the 4th line because he's Joe Vitale.

I'm looking at it in terms of that third line requiring speed and tenacity, and Joe V. fits that bill.

Joe V. with Juice and Cooke could me a good third line with a nice mix.

Respectfully, THAT is what it always has been about with Dan Bylsma.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
DA, I would like to sit down with you over a nice, racist pizza and some alcohol, and discuss lines for the next 6 hours.

[ ] Yes [ ] No

I'm not sure how comfortable I am having pizza being discussed in the injury thread.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Respectfully, THAT is what it always has been about with Dan Bylsma.

You've been saying "respectfully" way too much lately. I feel like you're trying out for Ricky Bobby in Talladega nights 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad