Tribute May 27, 2011 - Nathan Horton Does It Again

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
10 years ago today the Bruins beat Tampa 1-0 to reach the Stanley Cup Finals.

Hands down the best hockey game I have ever seen. I feel lucky that I was there to experience it.

I can't describe the atmosphere because it was a mix of anxiety, nerves and excitement. The roof nearly came off the building after this goal.

I actually thought Krejci scored because the people in front of me leaned over and blocked my view of the net. I saw Krejci pass it and then saw Looch and Horton celebrating. I had to wait for the replay on the scoreboard.

Mods delete if need be

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The single best game I have ever seen live, hands down. Ali nailed it: crowd was unlike anything I've ever been a part of from an hour before puck drop til we all got home.

And if you think it was loud when Horton scored, watch the last 60 seconds. It's like a hurricane is going on in the building, but then when the Bs clear the puck with a few seconds left and it's clear it's over there's a spike in the sound that defies belief.

Getting goosebumps writing this.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Great f***ing hockey game.

Who were the refs that game? We always bash them when they mess up, but that was actually the one time in history that we got a perfectly officiated game of hockey and they let the teams decide it for themselves, they should get some recognition for that.

Horton was a big game player, I miss him. Thomas with another big shutout. All around great team win. I also remember Stamkos got his face busted into a thousand pieces by a deflection and came back, that was balls. As much as the current Tampa roster is made up of a bunch of thugs and babies, I'll always have respect for Stammer. Good times, I couldn't believe the Bruins were actually going to a final.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Great f***ing hockey game.

Who were the refs that game? We always bash them when they mess up, but that was actually the one time in history that we got a perfectly officiated game of hockey and they let the teams decide it for themselves, they should get some recognition for that.

Horton was a big game player, I miss him. Thomas with another big shutout. All around great team win. I also remember Stamkos got his face busted into a thousand pieces by a deflection and came back, that was balls. As much as the current Tampa roster is made up of a bunch of thugs and babies, I'll always have respect for Stammer. Good times, I couldn't believe the Bruins were actually going to a final.
  • Referees:
  • Dan O'Halloran
  • Stephen Walkom
  • Linesmen:
  • Steve Miller
  • Pierre Racicot

Reactions: McGarnagle

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Greatest hockey game I've ever watched. I was at @MaineHockey1's house for the weekend. We were going nuts the entire game but we took it to a completely new level during the last 5 minutes.

Reactions: pgm16

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I was fortunate enough to be at this game. Unreal environment. I also went to a Cup game in '13, and can confidently say the mood and atmosphere was wayyyy more intense in this game. I wish we had a decibel reading for the moments after the Horton goal, because that was louder than most rock concerts I've been to.

Reactions: BMC and pgm16

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Probably the best one goal game I've ever seen. I think I still have the podcast of the post game show with all the pumped up fans calling in.

Reactions: BMC and pgm16

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I got this one at home on DVD but haven't watched it since. Might have to break it out soon if I can find some free time.

Another one of those great Bruin moments where you will likely always remember where you were at the time.

Reactions: Alicat and pgm16

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
10 years ago today the Bruins beat Tampa 1-0 to reach the Stanley Cup Finals.

Hands down the best hockey game I have ever seen. I feel lucky that I was there to experience it.

I can't describe the atmosphere because it was a mix of anxiety, nerves and excitement. The roof nearly came off the building after this goal.

I actually thought Krejci scored because the people in front of me leaned over and blocked my view of the net. I saw Krejci pass it and then saw Looch and Horton celebrating. I had to wait for the replay on the scoreboard.

Mods delete if need be

Hall's this year's Horton. Sans the injury. After that game Lucic said something to the effect of "all we needed was Nathan Horton. Who knew?" Well all this team needed was Taylor Hall. As we all knew.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I still cant believe i was pissing in the garden bathroom when he scored this.
just my luck.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Best game I've seen, for sure. Remember it so vividly. I was a (poor) student, recently came to the Netherlands, where hockey is not a thing (if you say hockey, they think of field hockey, which is mostly a sport girls play over here), I stayed up most of the night to watch it on my crappy old laptop, a low quality pirate feed, I am ashamed to admit, but there was no local coverage obviously and I couldn't afford NHL.tv or whathever it was called then. I put the laptop in front of my bed and watched laying down on my stomach. Normally, I would fall asleep or drowse off watching in this way, but with this game I stayed very awake. The way I remember it, there were few stoppages of play, no penalties, just constant up and down action, with great goaltending by Thomas and Roloson(?). And then this goal, still don't understand how Horton sliced through the D so quickly to suddenly appear in front of the net, fantastic pass by Krejci as well.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I got this one at home on DVD but haven't watched it since. Might have to break it out soon if I can find some free time.

Another one of those great Bruin moments where you will likely always remember where you were at the time.

Watched that game standing up the whole time. Didn’t scream as much as game 7 OT against Habs but certainly scared my neighbors.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nathan Horton scored some huge goals huh? God I miss him, everything you could want in a PF

Unreal game, I now can’t wait to see the full capacity crowd back after over a year. I have a feeling it’s gonna be LOUD

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad