Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sebastian Cossa wins the 3rd round.

That was tight round ~45,5% of votes.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 85.5% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 87.6% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 G - Sebastian Cossa 45,5% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)

Dylan James is the add for this round.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
By a thin margin I'm going for Willy Wally. He's taken massive strides to becoming a real high end D. There's still warts to his game but he's no longer the rough-around-the-edges type he was on draft day. His ability to gain the zone with the puck on his stick might be second to none in our entire prospect pipeline, if not in the org in general. Really excited for him to get a chance this training camp.

Soda and Mazur are right there though for me, with Johansson not far behind. We have such an exciting prospect pool and this is when it's truly wide open. Add Gylander.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Wallinder

Johansson next, this will be his last year on the list since he will be starting in Detroit next year with Edvinsson still rehabing.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
This one is close but I have to give it to Mazur for what he brings to the table. Detroit hasn't had a prospect like him since Bertuzzi and those type of rink rats are rare and quite valueable

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
U24 update:

Berggren 22y - Kasper 19y - Raymond 21y
Veleno 23y - Rasmussen 24y - Zadina 23y
XXX - XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

Edvinsson 20y - Seider 22y
XXX - XXX
XXX - XXX

Cossa 20y
XXX

These are graduated and already voted guys.

Using U25 does not make any difference and U23 excludes only Rasmussen.

Let's see how the "lineup" will progress. I'll add guys after every voting round.

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
Wallinder, is one prospect I don't know much about. People seem high on him. I was thinking the other day him or Johansson REALLY need to hit.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
lol made me chuckle. I think people just want to believe in Cossa so bad. Me included

I do too, but right now he's dominating the ECHL, which I'd be lying if I didn't think it was worse overall competition than the QMJHL and weaker than his division in 2021 (which is all he played against in his draft year). When we see him have a successful AHL campaign then I'll believe a little harder.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
So what are we hoping to see him do in camp? Is he AHL bound or is he good enough to f*** around and find out about the NHL?

Darkhorse for the NHL with Edvinsson's injury going into the start of the year. Likely a GRG for the majority of the season, if not the whole season.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I do too, but right now he's dominating the ECHL, which I'd be lying if I didn't think it was worse overall competition than the QMJHL and weaker than his division in 2021 (which is all he played against in his draft year). When we see him have a successful AHL campaign then I'll believe a little harder.

You think the QMJHL is stronger than the ECHL?

Reactions: jaster

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

ECHL is the minor league of the minor leagues. It's not a great league, my dude. It's where guys that can't cut it in Europe or the AHL go to make 25k to 50k a year playing hockey. Mostly guys that got drafted WAY late, were guys low in the lineup of their CHL/USHL teams. Have good players passed through there? Some, but very few.

ECHL Alumni
Aside from a handful of goalies there's not many very good players that passed through the ECHL.

Frequently Asked Questions
(For info on what ECHL salaries are)

What Hockey League Pays the Most? (Top 5 Highest Paying Leagues) | Hockey Question

That's minor league in Poland pay. It's fun to go to the games but it's not a very good league.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
ECHL is the minor league of the minor leagues. It's not a great league, my dude. It's where guys that can't cut it in Europe or the AHL go to make 25k to 50k a year playing hockey. Mostly guys that got drafted WAY late, were guys low in the lineup of their CHL/USHL teams. Have good players passed through there? Some, but very few.

ECHL Alumni
Aside from a handful of goalies there's not many very good players that passed through the ECHL.

What Hockey League Pays the Most? (Top 5 Highest Paying Leagues) | Hockey Question

That's minor league in Poland pay. It's fun to go to the games but it's not a very good league.

Edit: It also bothers me that I can never figure out which gifs embed properly and which gifs don't. Alas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
With the draft shortly approaching, isn't a little too early to vote? It's likely no one outside of our first round draft picks will breach the top 10 prospects but we will have to vote again in what like a month?

Reactions: lilidk

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
With the draft shortly approaching, isn't a little too early to vote? It's likely no one outside of our first round draft picks will breach the top 10 prospects but we will have to vote again in what like a month?
Yes.

In these kinda things, it's the point.

What do you have now?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

ECHL Alumni

you're still comparing a mens league to a junior league

there's lots of room for someone in their mid 20s to have less long term potential but still be a better hockey player currently than a bunch of teenagers, take any of these guys putting up good numbers in the ECHL and stick them as-is in the QMJHL and they'd flat out dominate even though most of them don't really have any long term NHL potential

Reactions: Henkka and Oddbob

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

ECHL Alumni

Yes, the ECHL is not great, but neither is the Q. And were talking kids vs men. Most players who play in the Q never go on to even play in the ECHL. People get distracted because there are NHLers drafted out of the Q and some go on to be stars (while no stars come out of the ECHL), but that's just the very small tip of the iceberg in that league. Many top scorers in the Q go on to play several seasons in the ECHL. And another huge chunk of those kids never go on to play meaningful hockey again, not even in the Coast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad