Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LD - Donovan Sebrango

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Dmitri Buchelnikov wins the 9th round. ~63% of votes.

#1 LD - Simon Edvinsson 85.5% (6th overall, 1st round, 2021 draft)
#2 C - Marco Kasper 87.6% (8th overall, 1st round, 2022 draft)
#3 G - Sebastian Cossa 45,5% (15th overall, 1st round 2021 draft)
#4 LD - William Wallinder 42,6% (32nd overall, 2nd round 2020 draft)
#5 RW - Carter Mazur 57.0% (70th overall, 3rd round 2021 draft)
#6 LW - Elmer Söderblom 53.7% (159th overall, 6th round 2019 draft)
#7 D - Albert Johansson 49.5% (60th overall, 2nd round 2019 draft)
#8 C - Amadeus Lombardi 66.0% (113th overall, 4th round 2022 draft)
#9 W - Dmitri Buchelnikov 62,9% (52nd overall, 2nd round 2022 draft)

Did add Eemil Viro and Donovan Sebrango for this round.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'd like to know more from people who have watched him, but my impression is that Buium should definitely be part of our top 10.

Naaah…

While Buium isn’t as bad as Tuomisto, I haven’t seen any major improvements to his game since drafted. Others have simply passed him.

My worry at this point is that Buium becomes an FA after college since chances of him making the Wings are low.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Buium has all the tools but we need to see it materialize. Maybe he can have a year like Wallinder did where it all starts to click. Was hoping that would be this last year though tbh.

Meant to vote for Hanas this round, I was impressed by how he adjusted to the AHL level last year. I am curious to see how he can build on that start to last year. Would guess he would be on a top 2 line to start next year. Henkka if you can change my vote, please do.

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
I think it’s a really good sign Dylan James is getting no love here. There’s always that one guy who falls down this ranking and breaks out the next year

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It's slim pickings at this point, but I went with Dylan James. Still some upside there I think, another year or two of development in college and maybe we see him take that next step.

Just not very interested in guys like Hanas or Buium who can't skate.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Naaah…

While Buium isn’t as bad as Tuomisto, I haven’t seen any major improvements to his game since drafted. Others have simply passed him.

My worry at this point is that Buium becomes an FA after college since chances of him making the Wings are low.

Should have drafted Räty! :)

If Gylander isn't signed today, I'm gonna remove him from the voting.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Should have drafted Räty! :)

If Gylander isn't signed today, I'm gonna remove him from the voting.

Hey, my guys at that pick were Alexander Kisakov, Colton Dach, Josh Doan and Matthew Knies. Raty still doesn't look good over in Vancouver.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
We have squarely entered
giphy.gif

Territory

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
It's slim pickings at this point, but I went with Dylan James. Still some upside there I think, another year or two of development in college and maybe we see him take that next step.

Yeah, I was tempted to bump James up in this poll even if he was a spot underwhelming last year. Pretty much everyone was underwhelming on that team though...something really seemed amiss in Grand Forks. James turned it up and had some flashes of kick-ass-ness in the last 3rd of the year. Went with Boomer this round though.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i've always liked Buium so voting Hanas ahead of him feels a bit wrong but at this point I need to see more from him

Hanas it is I suppose

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
U24 update:

Berggren 22y ---- Kasper 19y ---- Raymond 21y
Söderblom 21y - Rasmussen 24y - Mazur 21y
Veleno 23y ------ Lombardi 19y -- Zadina 23y
---- XXX ------------- XXX ------- Buchelnikov 19y

Edvinsson 20y -- Seider 22y
Wallinder 20y --- XXX
Johansson 22y -- XXX

Cossa 20y
XXX

Reactions: gbdet

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I deifnitely wouldnt say Buiums skating is bad, not sure where thats coming from.

But I voted for Hanas and we're getting slightly into who cares territory. Hanas looked really solid as a rookie pro when he played last year and hes got just enough of everything that he could carve out a career. Has a shot, has skill, can be a bit of a pest/gritty. What hes done in the AHL trumps what everyone else has done to this point for him to get my vote, but this is probably the point where I dont have much excitement for the players

Reactions: RabidBadger

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I deifnitely wouldnt say Buiums skating is bad, not sure where thats coming from.
His skating is perfectly fine at the level he’s at, but projecting it to the NHL level, he’s a clunky skater with poor acceleration and questionable edges. He does pivot well and has good balance, so it’s not all bad, but as it stands I suspect a lot of his strengths will be neutralized at the NHL level due to his below average skating.

But I voted for Hanas and we're getting slightly into who cares territory. Hanas looked really solid as a rookie pro when he played last year and hes got just enough of everything that he could carve out a career. Has a shot, has skill, can be a bit of a pest/gritty. What hes done in the AHL trumps what everyone else has done to this point for him to get my vote, but this is probably the point where I dont have much excitement for the players
Yeah, you can vote a million different ways at this point, it’s a crapshoot. Different strokes for different folks. James and Savage are probably the most interesting to me at this point. This low in the rankings I’m more interested in the solid, complementary players more than potential home run swings. Floors become more interesting than ceilings to me. Guys with flashy tools but huge warts do nothing for me, except frustrate the hell out of me :laugh:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
His skating is perfectly fine at the level he’s at, but projecting it to the NHL level, he’s a clunky skater with poor acceleration and questionable edges. He does pivot well and has good balance, so it’s not all bad, but as it stands I suspect a lot of his strengths will be neutralized at the NHL level due to his below average skating.

Yeah, you can vote a million different ways at this point, it’s a crapshoot. Different strokes for different folks. James and Savage are probably the most interesting to me at this point. This low in the rankings I’m more interested in the solid, complementary players more than potential home run swings. Floors become more interesting than ceilings to me. Guys with flashy tools but huge warts do nothing for me, except frustrate the hell out of me :laugh:
The inability to do anything useful with a puck is a pretty big f***ing wart.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
The inability to do anything useful with a puck is a pretty big f***ing wart.
Not if that player is an NHL player and the kid who can’t skate is not an NHL player. It’s all relative.

Luckily James is good with the puck, and Savage can hold his own. Not like I’m looking at Sam Stange in this range.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Not if that player is an NHL player and the kid who can’t skate is not an NHL player. It’s all relative.

Luckily James is good with the puck, and Savage can hold his own. Not like I’m looking at Sam Stange in this range.
There are a ton of guys in the NHL solely because they can skate that really shouldn't be. "Eh, at least he can manage to get in the way..." should not be the demarcation line of what is and isn't an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad