59. NSH - C Joni Ikonen
60. TOR - C Morgan Frost
61. ANA - C Alexandre Texier
62. CAR - G Keith Petruzzelli

Last edited:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I'd love Oettinger in Ottawa, but not with Thomas on the board. I see Thomas as a top 15 pick.

In the 2nd, I wouldn't hate Lodnia. But below average skating kind of scares me.. Would rather someone like Boqvist or Mismash personally

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
The Canes value intelligence and defensive responsibility as paramount attributes. The questions about Tippett's hockey IQ and defensive lapses make him probably not a great fit for the Canes...it doesn't matter how many goals he scores, if he can't complete his defensive assignments or think the game then he's going to spend a lot of time in the press box and being called out by Canes coach Bill Peters.

If Jeff Skinner can get sat for bad defensive play, anybody can be.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
The Canes value intelligence and defensive responsibility as paramount attributes. The questions about Tippett's hockey IQ and defensive lapses make him probably not a great fit for the Canes...it doesn't matter how many goals he scores, if he can't complete his defensive assignments or think the game then he's going to spend a lot of time in the press box and being called out by Canes coach Bill Peters.

If Jeff Skinner can get sat for bad defensive play, anybody can be.

You can teach defense, but you can't teach size, scoring, and to a lesser degree skating. In a so-so draft, at 12th overall, you're not going to get a prospect without any flaws, but at least you'd have some serious upside with this pick.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Valimaki and Vaakanainen would be great fits for Jets. Both of them might be a bit of overkill for the Jets though. Im sure they are still anticipating Logan Stanley playing a role. Not that depth is a bad thing...

Definite possibility they pick a goalie this year as well.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Such an awesome draft for Arizona. Three huge homerun swing picks in Makar, Yamamoto and Chytil. Off the charts boom or bust potential on all three. And all three perfectly address needs. RD, RHS RW, and C. I'm honestly a little obsessed with this mock. It's basically the most exciting, fun outcome for Arizona. I love it for entertainment value alone. A team like us with great prospect depth that can NEVER win a lottery and simply luck into generational talent is probably a team that's due some fence swings. Just go for it. And these are three absolute go-big selections. I love it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd go Thomas over Oettinger in the 1st and take Ukka Pekka Lukkonen in the 2nd over Lodnia if Sens want a goalie otherwise Lodnia is fine

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
First I'd even heard of Pierre-Oliver Joseph - reading up and most places have him pegged as a mid second-rounder. I'd be pretty disappointed if the Pens took a mainly defensive dman without stand-out traits with their first. We selected a bunch of them last year after all...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad