Maxime Ouellet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad'

Dec 28, 2005
St Etienne, France
I didn't give up on him yet. It's a shame he had such a tumultuous career so far but his trade to Vancouver was a good thing IMO. He'll have the opportunity to play again, which is already a progress compared to his last season with Portland, so we will see.

Actually, I don't expect him to play again in the NHL soon but I guess he'll get another chance after his rather good game against the Oilers in November.

He'll probably never live up to the expectations of when he was drafted but he's still a good goalie IMO.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Played Minnesota the other day and was atroicous. He is so fundamentally poor and mentally weak that it is difficult to see him as ever doing anything. What happened???

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
orcatown said:
Played Minnesota the other day and was atroicous. He is so fundamentally poor and mentally weak....

He's showed more promise in his two games against Edmonton and Minnesota than Alex Auld has in his 26 games this season. This guy still has some untapped potential and we haven't seen enough of him to really determine anything. Hopefully he shares some time with the AHL back up named Alex Auld.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
great_one98 said:
He's showed more promise in his two games against Edmonton and Minnesota than Alex Auld has in his 26 games this season. This guy still has some untapped potential and we haven't seen enough of him to really determine anything. Hopefully he shares some time with the AHL back up named Alex Auld.

Are you serious?

Ouellet has looked absolutely atrocious in both his starts. Small, always on his knees and out of position. Lateral mobility is possibly the worst I've ever seen from a guy in the NHL. Down way too early, crumples in net. Looks like his dog died when a puck gets by him. He's not even remotely close to being an NHL netminder. I really don't need to see any more from him. He's terrible.

Auld, on the other hand, has been solid. He's struggled a bit in the last few weeks, but he still looks like an NHL goaltender. For the first two months of the season he was excellent. He's let a few softies in recently, but he's still big, quick, and technically sound. Ouellet is none of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad