Rumor: Maxim Tsyplakov (Spartak, KHL)

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I've shied away from twitter so I can't post the source tweet but @HockeyNewsHub reported last week that he had rejected his qualifying offer from Spartak but his agent was exploring his KHL rights being traded to a team he will sign with as well as interest coming from 10+ NHL clubs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Based purely on stats, I'm not sure I put too much stock into a single outlier year with high goal scoring with a high shooting percentage.

Previous KHL seasons are pretty lackluster. PPG KHL players are meh in the NHL. But he's 6'3, 190lbs and looks to have a good shot so, maybe? I wish him the best and I hope he has success but I'm not losing sleep if my team doesn't land the guy.

Reactions: Wats and Blueston

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Based purely on stats, I'm not sure I put too much stock into a single outlier year with high goal scoring with a high shooting percentage.

Previous KHL seasons are pretty lackluster. PPG KHL players are meh in the NHL. But he's 6'3, 190lbs and looks to have a good shot so, maybe? I wish him the best and I hope he has success but I'm not losing sleep if my team doesn't land the guy.
Speak for yourself 🤣. A free lottery ticket is a free lottery ticket.
Especially if Kipper933 above is correct and he's been a solid bottom 6er and PKer since a teenager.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Speak for yourself 🤣. A free lottery ticket is a free lottery ticket.
Especially if Kipper933 above is correct and he's been a solid bottom 6er and PKer since a teenager.
I don't disagree. But if chooses a different team than mine, I'm not drinking myself out of the bowels of depression.

There are tons of UFA players every year available for cheap that are "solid bottom 6'ers and PK'ers".

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I don't disagree. But if chooses a different team than man, I'm drinking myself out of the bowels of depression.

There are tons of UFA players every year available for cheap that are "solid bottom 6'ers and PK'ers".
Damnit. I was going to counter with they're old and have no upside. Then I googled Tsyplakov and saw he's already 25. Probably another Golden helmet, sigh.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Damnit. I was going to counter with they're old and have no upside. Then I googled Tsyplakov and saw he's already 25. Probably another Golden helmet, sigh.
That's where I was heading with my comment. Beyond this season, his KHL number are uninspiring but it's worth a shot. I do hope he comes here and is the next Panarin for some lucky team (sans the Leafs).

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Always leery of KHL imports. More often than not, they're Jiri Sekac types. 25 year old player suddenly having a career year makes me even more leery.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Always leery of KHL imports. More often than not, they're Jiri Sekac types. 25 year old player suddenly having a career year makes me even more leery.
And a 19,9% shooting percentage while having no history as a scorer...

Reactions: BLNY

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
first 4 years in the KHL he scored 22 goals in 147 games a rate of .15 per game,

in his last 2 years he's scored 41 in 128 games which is a .32 goals per game rate.

So what happened the last 2 years would be my question as I haven't seen him play.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

True but you also get the Panarin's and Mikyehev's who come over and become effective players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad