Confirmed with Link: Max Reinhart acquired from Calgary for Conditional 4th

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Because 4th rounders are generally not going to make an NHL roster?

4th rounders usually fetch more in return than a 2nd line center in the AHL. Usually the plan is more than AHL fodder. I'm hoping we view him as legitimate NHL / roster player this year or next year, otherwise it is a very poor decision. You have to believe that is the case ...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I think Poile paid extra for the Reinhart name, like we pay extra money for a shirt with a Preds logo on it vs a shirt with no logo on it.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
4th rounders usually fetch more in return than a 2nd line center in the AHL. Usually the plan is more than AHL fodder. I'm hoping we view him as legitimate NHL / roster player this year or next year, otherwise it is a very poor decision. You have to believe that is the case ...

Long-term, Reinhart is an NHL caliber player. Our pipeline of young NHL level centers is very weak, so this fills a need there. I could see him being a solid third liner down the road, even if this year he's a 2nd line AHLer

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Long-term, Reinhart is an NHL caliber player. Our pipeline of young NHL level centers is very weak, so this fills a need there. I could see him being a solid third liner down the road, even if this year he's a 2nd line AHLer

I'm fine with that if this is the organizational belief as well. Truthfully, I know very little about him. I was just reviewing comments from DP.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Would prefer his brother

You're not alone. :laugh: I think Max is an intriguing guy if given a significant role with Milwaukee. Who knows he could earn a spot. It's all about organizational depth. Good two way player. Won't wow you but you know what you're going to get.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
One thing to consider with picking up Rinehart...Goose is in the final year of his contract and Hodgson may not pan out. Overall, I think he steps in full time next season to replace Goose and we probably see him some this year as a callup. I think this was a great trade.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
The speculation is Calgary doesn't expect to get the 4th. The GM avoided questions on the conditions of the 4th during the announcement and usually we hear the conditions pretty quickly. It looks like Calgary didn't have room for him and moved him to someplace where he may have a shot in a year or two.

van22

May 25, 2014
Why on earth would you give up a 4th rounder for a guy with minimal to no chance to make the roster?

I'm really confused on this. WHy not just go sign someone?!?!?

He is 23. I'm guessing he is close to the waiver line, and he may already be waiver-eligible.

I wonder what those conditions are?

Meh. 4th isn't a high price, but it is more than typically given for a 23 year old tweener. I haven't seen much of the guy, so I hope it works out well :).

He will be waiver eligible this season - like Watson. My guess would be that the 4th is dependent on the number of games he plays this year at the NHL level.

Interesting - NHL.com says this is for his "rights", which means RFA... hmmmmmm...

He got qualified but he still needs a contract.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I bet that was the conditional part. If we re-sign him.

I don't think so, it probably has something to do with NHL games played or something along those lines. Calgary GM refused to discuss the conditions and seemed to act like there was little chance they received the 4th.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Something is sure Fishy about this. At 23 what the problem allowing the guy to play in Milwaukee... Sure hes not top line talent but for heavens sake hes not total garbage. Will see who claims the guy it may make a little more sense then.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Like I said at the time of the trade, a 4th is a lot to give up for a guy who had no place on the roster. The conditions are key. Hopefully, the "not making the roster part" means the conditions are not met, and we can recoup some of the picks value back.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Like I said at the time of the trade, a 4th is a lot to give up for a guy who had no place on the roster. The conditions are key. Hopefully, the "not making the roster part" means the conditions are not met, and we can recoup some of the picks value back.

You have to believe the condition would be playing NHL games. I suspect either the pick is returned (or never given) if the condition isn't met

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I don't really see him as just throwaway minor league fodder. He's looked decent in spot NHL duty and should represent good depth at C that we don't really have otherwise. He's still young enough that he could be a reliable callup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad