Confirmed with Link: Max Reinhart acquired from Calgary for Conditional 4th

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
jeez poile, what the hell??

Unless we have a trade brewing thats going to ship off several of our milwaukee forwards, i just dont get this

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Really??

The guy hasn't really made it yet in the NHL

23GP 1G 4A 5pts (career work)
125pts in 203 AHL games with Abbostsford

Interesting pickup...more competition I guess? I agree...more forwards..more competition..has to be a move coming, right?

What did we give up?

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Maybe Poile is going to petition the league to ask that the Preds be allowed to roll 6 forward lines.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Low risk but still does not compute. Are we expected to be low on decent C in Milwaukee so needed to get someone to dish the puck to our forward prospects?

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
He'll probably be in MIL. Just a depth trade for a center with potential.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Flames fan here to give you a heads up:

Max Reinhart is an NHL calibre player with high hockey IQ. He'll never be much more than a 3rd liner but he plays a strong two-way game. This season he was snakebitten for a few months but played as well as he did last season in terms of overall play.

Flames had to trade him because the Flames' center depth is the strongest it's been in decades and he's probably gonna get picked up on waivers anyways next year (his first eligible), but most of us do feel Max Reinhart's an NHLer. He's Sam and Griffin's oldest brother btw.

Most of us are more happy about him possibly getting a chance to play than the 4th rounder.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Poile's been the busiest gm in the league it seems, can't complain about that. Getting a decent forward prospect with some NHL experience for less than a 3rd is never a bad thing.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Per HF

Talent Analysis

Reinhart can play the power play, kills penalties and is a solid two-way player. The playmaking center has good speed with a quick accurate release and sees the ice well but needs added muscle mass to play more physically at the NHL level. His hockey smarts and vision compare favorably to other young center prospects.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
This is a good deal for you guys. Reinhart is ready for a bottom 6 role. VERY strong defensive game. I could see this being very similar to Calgary acquiring Colborne for a 4th.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Thanks for the additional insight. Definitely seems like good value for a conditional 4th.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Seems like we should have sent SOMEONE back rather than a draft pick..... Don't understand this.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Seems like we should have sent SOMEONE back rather than a draft pick..... Don't understand this.

I do agree with this. We should have tried to send Bourque back or someone like that. But maybe there is another trade brewing. Who knows at this point haha.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think you guys will like him. I hope he can crack your roster to at least be a 4th line C/LW.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
He's a good player who doesn't look out of place on bottom 6 in his NHL viewings. I'll miss him

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Why on earth would you give up a 4th rounder for a guy with minimal to no chance to make the roster?

I'm really confused on this. WHy not just go sign someone?!?!?

He is 23. I'm guessing he is close to the waiver line, and he may already be waiver-eligible.

I wonder what those conditions are?

Meh. 4th isn't a high price, but it is more than typically given for a 23 year old tweener. I haven't seen much of the guy, so I hope it works out well :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad