Max Pacioretty

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
very solid young player, but pretty poor comparisons IMO.

he's a very different sort of player from either of those two.

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
Erik Cole and Andrew Ladd are the two best comparisons, Ryan Smyth not so much IMO.

I see him as a consistent 30-30 guy who may have a 40 goal season somewhere in there.

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
So happy for Patches, I know he was disgruntled with the management not giving him a shot and he didn't want to come up unless they let him be a top 6 or top 9 guy, seeing him prove himself is all you could ask for.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I remember when Bozak arrived too, let's not jump the gun, love what I'm seeing but it's a small sample size.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I remember when Bozak arrived too, let's not jump the gun, love what I'm seeing but it's a small sample size.

Considering Bozak is nearly 3 years older and never came close to dominating the AHL like Pacioretty did this year, I don't see how the 2 can be compared.

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
Max Pacioretty has the potential to become much more than people are saying. Yes he very well may top out at 30-30, but to go along with his size, strenght and hands that come with most power forwards, he has way more speed than the usual power forward. Already, Pacioretty is getting 1 even 2 breakaways a game because of his strenght and speed. He's got ALOT of potential.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Max Pacioretty has the potential to become much more than people are saying. Yes he very well may top out at 30-30, but to go along with his size, strenght and hands that come with most power forwards, he has way more speed than the usual power forward. Already, Pacioretty is getting 1 even 2 breakaways a game because of his strenght and speed. He's got ALOT of potential.
He still needs to get a bit bigger + stronger, so he might lose some speed if he packs on another 15 pounds. Bertuzzi used to be pretty speedy when he was in his prime. If Patches reaches his absolute potential and packs on some weight, I can see him hitting 70-75 points per year with a couple of PPG seasons. But you never know... He could end up being a 20-20, 20-30 guy too.

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
What is the point of this thread???

Let's celebrate we have a young kid who is playing solid hockey. I don't mean to be a downer and all, but he is nothing special. He seems like he will be a really good NHL player, which in itself is a feat. Not sure his half season play deserves a thread, I mean he scoring at a pace of 30 goals a year (plus bringing all sorts of good things on the table), but 30 goals a year is not exceptional even for us Offense deprived habs fans.

I really like the player but can people just stop making him the next big thing.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
What is the point of this thread???

Let's celebrate we have a young kid who is playing solid hockey. I don't mean to be a downer and all, but he is nothing special. He seems like he will be a really good NHL player, which in itself is a feat. Not sure his half season play deserves a thread, I mean he scoring at a pace of 30 goals a year (plus bringing all sorts of good things on the table), but 30 goals a year is not exceptional even for us Offense deprived habs fans.

I really like the player but can people just stop making him the next big thing.

30 goals is not exceptional? Right.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20102ALLSASAll&sort=goals&viewName=summary

Also, who in this thread said he was the next big thing? Erik Cole, Andew Ladd, Ryan Smyth, no superstars there.

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
30 goals is not exceptional? Right.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20102ALLSASAll&sort=goals&viewName=summary

Also, who in this thread said he was the next big thing? Erik Cole, Andew Ladd, Ryan Smyth, no superstars there.

Yeah, 30 goals is VERY good (there are some pretty big names on that list you provided), a consistent 30 goal scorer is something every team needs and we're very lucky if Pacioretty can be that for the next 10 years, I'd be ecstatic. However I don't see it as exceptional.

I guess what ticked me the most is how the OP opened up his post :

''He has arrived the PWF the Habs had pined over for so long''

I'm sorry that almost sounded like a biblical extract to me.

Plus that's not even a question or anything, it's more of a bragging post.
His entire post is like a claim more then anything else, and to me his post looks like bragging.

Anyways I could be just nitpicking, but at the same time, why don't we wait until a little longer to proclaim how great he is, let's just settle down and give him time to prove himself. Sure he plays great, but let's just wait til he does it consistently before making anything big out of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad