Player Discussion Max Pacioretty Appreciation Thread: Thanks Max!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He was a great regular season producer for the team.

Was the key piece in one of the last trades that turned out very well for the team.

Was our closest thing to a consistent elite goal scorer in decades.

Was a cap hit steal for most of his time here, a huge shame we didn't have a GM competent enough to take advantage of one of his few solid moves as GM (patches contract).

Wish him well in Vegas.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Under different circumstances he could've had a great career here and been part of a winning core. Never got him the center he needed and we f***ed things up with him. And he NEVER should've been captain. Another player we didn't get the most out of.

That being said, I wish him luck. I like Max, he took too much abuse here because (as usual) we rely on one or two guys to score. If he'd had a center it would've been a whole new ball game.

Have fun in Vegas.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Wasn't his biggest fan because I always questionned his commitment but maybe that's just the kind of player he is.

But he almost lost his life wearing the Habs jersey and came back stronger than ever. No doubt he is a good dude and probably why he got voted captain.

Wishing him the best luck in Vegas and mostly a great contract.

Kinda excited to see what he can do in a good team like Vegas. He'll either play with Karlsson or Stastny .

Reactions: Cobra Commander

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Went underappreciated in my books. First player since Damphousse to have scored 39 goals. Good luck in Vegas!

Reactions: Peanut

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Always liked Pacioretty, had one of the best contracts in the league putting up 30+ goals for years. Too bad we never used that saved cap space to get him a legitimate center to play with, which I'm sure would have helped his playoff output as-well.

Wish him luck in Vegas and hope he gets his game back (I have no doubt he will without all of the distractions he had this year in Montreal).

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Another player who was called shite with Montreal by some is now being called a great player by those same people. It's unfortunate he had to go but it was necessary at this point. There was no going back.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Always liked Pacioretty. A good player with class. His hockey sense always frustrated me, how many plays did he kill on the PP with horrible decisions? Other than that he will be missed.
I hope he scores 40 this year in Vegas

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I never knocked him, good luck Max, seem like a good guy on and off the ice.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
His time was definitely up here, but a look at the G column over his years here says everything that needs to be said. Well played, good luck in the future but now's the right time to go for all parties.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
To Max, I say thanks.

5E9CE401-75BC-49E9-8BBC-1B752FF0423D.jpeg

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Wretched playoff performer, but an absolutely key regular season performer for his entire tenure here. Habs do not get that kind of success without him. His Cs owe him their paychecks. His ability to inflate those around him was legit and it will be a while before we see someone like him again.

The real tragedy was the Chara incident . Pacioretty played like a full alpha back then but that lasted for 37 games. A real shame. Could we have denied Boston a Cup? Pac was a Bruin killer that season and for his career. Chara won that year through that act.

Reactions: Andy

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Thanks Patches I know I joked about how you stepped up your game when there was a empty net goal to be scored, but still doesn't take away the consistency goal scoring you put up for years and years.

Im sure Patches will bounce back this year and show the NHL he is still a 30+ goal scorer in the league.

Have fun in sin city!

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
My feelings towards Max are mixed. He was a great regular season hockey player, his PO performances were lacking.

He came up huge in some regular season games, but he became particularly high maintenance during the whole I want to play with davey saga.

He was a great all around player, but the last two seasons he was clearly unhappy.

I appreciate his contributions to the club. He was a great goal scorer.

In the end, the team demanded too much from him to be the go-to offensive player and the leader. I think he will have a Penguins Kessel- like career moving forward, which is a good thing.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Thank you max.. you had some bright spots and then sadly turned into a ghost of your former player.
I will not miss your boring interviews and boring play.... that being said I hope you have a great time playing in Vegas and will cheer for you against the likes of the bruins should you make it to the cup finals again.

You did alot of nice things for the kids in Montreal and have been a positive influence on their lives.
As a hockey player... ehhhhh......... :skeptic:
As a person :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Best wishes. :D

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bye bye Max, I wish the Chara hit never happened and I wish that you were never named captain but oh well. I still think that you have one of the best snap shots in all of hockey and it's too bad that DD was your Crosby, cheers.

Reactions: Runner77

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Thanks Max. You gave me lots to cheer about and you are a class guy.

All the best in Vegas for you and your family.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Max will do well in Vegas. Sad to see him go but business is business.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
One of the league’s most underrated yet consistent goal scorers for the better portion of this decade. Never had the opportunity here to play with a legit centreman who matched his talent level. Wasn’t necessarily the best fit to be captain, but he was voted by his peers so who am I to question. A genuinely good guy off the ice who loved Montreal. I’m excited to see what he can do while playing with either William Karlsson or Paul Stastny, whom regardless would be the best centre he’s ever played with in the NHL, as well as to no longer be the only source of offense for his team. Good luck in Vegas Patch!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I like Max. Say what you want but he was still our best scorer and a professional. He has his issues, sure but he wasn't paid as a star and didn't have a good center at any point.

With his cap being so low it's more a slight on management they couldn't find more support rather than him being at fault.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad