Proposal: Max Lajoie for Paul Byron, Mike Reilly and a pick

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Natural fit for Byron in Ottawa. He has a cheap contract, he will fill a spot for at least two years and he is decent offensively. A decent stop gap, with good leadership, until Ottawa prospects are ready. He is also from the region.

I love him and have been a fan of his for ever but there is simply no room for him going forward.

On the other side, Montreal would ask for Max Lajoie probably. He is LHD, and maybe he can do better than Mete on the top 4

I recognize Lajoie value is higher. That is why Montreal add a pick. Help me to find out in which range. In thinking a 3rd.

ottawa also get Reilly to replace Lajoie in the system. He is not really good... but who knows

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Lajoie couldn’t even make the sad sack team in Ottawa, and that’s after Wolanin got hurt in training camp. I’m not sure you want him in your top 4.

Reactions: Steeler23

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That’s a pretty awful trade for Montreal. Byron is useful, Lajoie is not. And on top of it Montreal is adding pieces?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Natural fit for Byron in Ottawa. He has a cheap contract, he will fill a spot for at least two years and he is decent offensively. A decent stop gap, with good leadership, until Ottawa prospects are ready. He is also from the region.

I love him and have been a fan of his for ever but there is simply no room for him going forward.

On the other side, Montreal would ask for Max Lajoie probably. He is LHD, and maybe he can do better than Mete on the top 4

I recognize Lajoie value is higher. That is why Montreal add a pick. Help me to find out in which range. In thinking a 3rd.

ottawa also get Reilly to replace Lajoie in the system. He is not really good... but who knows

What? Why?

Lajoie couldn't even make Ottawa and Mete has been pretty effective in the top-4.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Montreal would ask for Max Lajoie probably. He is LHD, and maybe he can do better than Mete on the top 4

Lajoie couldn’t even make the sad sack team in Ottawa, and that’s after Wolanin got hurt in training camp. I’m not sure you want him in your top 4.

Max laqui?

That’s a pretty awful trade for Montreal. Byron is useful, Lajoie is not. And on top of it Montreal is adding pieces?

What? Why?

Lajoie couldn't even make Ottawa and Mete has been pretty effective in the top-4.

But, but, but he speaks French. That automatically makes him better than Byron and Mete right? Yeah I know Byron speaks French too but that doesn't count.

Still don't understand how the OP thinks Lajoie has higher value than Byron. Well maybe to some Habs fans.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Do you really see the Sens taking on what 14-15M in salary, why would they do that? I'm all for getting rid of Reilly as I never understand why they re-signed him in the 1st place and Byron I would trade at some point but he just started his 13.6M contract so I don't see the Sens being interested despite him being from Ottawa.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Are you nuts lmao this is unbelievably bad for Montreal. Mike Reilly is better than Lajoie already, let alone adding a top 6 RW in Byron and a pick?!

Reactions: nhlfan9191

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
lajoie is 21 and reilly is 26
byron is not a top 6 winger

the trades still bad but this post is on par with it
He said he thought Lajoie could succeed in Montreal's top 4 and be better than Reilly.

Byron has scored at a 20 goal pace the past 3 seasons with no powerplay time. He's slumping now but he's a top 6 forward.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He said he thought Lajoie could succeed in Montreal's top 4 and be better than Reilly.

Byron has scored at a 20 goal pace the past 3 seasons with no powerplay time. He's slumping now but he's a top 6 forward.

byron has broke 40 points once

hes not a top 6 forward, hes the same kind of guy as michael grabner

10th on montreal forwards for ES toi/game and like you said, no powerplay time

what about that is top 6?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Lajoie is an interesting prospect. I have a hard time pegging him. He's a good skater, good passer, and smart but not strong and not great defensively. I am confident he can be a #6, but in what role I'm not sure. Could he be a #4? Maybe. But I struggle to see him being anything more and realistically I expect he will be a reliable 5th or 6th

That said, I'd take this deal. We have a lot of LD depth between Chabot, Brannstrom and Wolanin, all of whom will be better than him imo. Lajoie is a nice player but not much room for him in our organization

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Byron after this many games hasn’t regressed at any clip this proposal at this rate. Get lost.

Reactions: JackFr

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015

Wow could he really be better than our 9th best defenseman? man that would be great :help:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The thing about defenseman is that they need time to develop. Especially ones that mature late physically. Lajoie has great hockey sense he just needs to get stronger and faster. The sens want him playing big minutes and developing, thats part of the reason why he is in the AHL.

Byron is a leader and the best pker on that Montreal team on a cheap contract so he isnt getting moved. His pts per 60 at even strength are really good and he is an important part of that dressing room.

Reactions: JackFr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad