Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Who?

Rock-it-Doesnt-matter1.jpg

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't really care that Max Kellerman doesn't like hockey, but what exactly does he think the big 4 major US sports leagues are?

There's a reason why a guy like Harrison Barnes makes more than Connor Mcdavid. Hockey is a Niche sport and people just need to accept it.

I am pretty sure NBA players on average make far more than NFL players, too.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
There's a reason why a guy like Harrison Barnes makes more than Connor Mcdavid. Hockey is a Niche sport and people just need to accept it.
Part of that is also due to the fact the NBA only really needs to pay 8 to 9 players per team, compared to the NHL (along with the lack of a hard cap). I mean, there are tons of elite NFL players who make less than average NBA players just due to the structure of the leagues caps, and the number of players required to fill out a roster. Kyle Lowry makes more this year than every QB but Russell Wilson, Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Rothlisberger. Pascal Siakam makes more than the best defensive player in the NFL (Aaron Donald). I ignored rookie-scale deals because that would skew the picture (Obviously, someone like Mahomes is underpaid relative to other professional athletes). That's before we even get into the difference between NBA players essentially having fully guaranteed deals, whereas NFL deals aren't (I think only Kirk Cousins has a fully guaranteed contract).

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Max Kellerman is a hot take expert. Two years ago in the NFL playoffs he said Tom Brady was the worst QB in the playoffs before they went on to win the Super Bowl. That said, the NHL definitely isn't as big as the other "big 3" in the US but the "Nobody" was only said because of the non existent coverage by his network. Nothing to see here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad