Confirmed with Link: Max Friberg Back to Sweden (Given QO)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It makes sense, he's been in North America for a good while now and it doesn't look like we'll be giving him a look on the main team. He must feel like he's kinda hit a plateau over here, might as well be playing home.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
There might be a chance they'll convince him to come back at some point. I always thought he could be a good bottom 6 players in the NHL if he got the chance, he's a real hard worker.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Awesome time to revamp that AHL team. A little surprised by Matteau but CLEARLY not that big of a deal.

Oh and bye Mark. I remember that little 150lbs at his first development camp. Looked promising.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Awesome time to revamp that AHL team. A little surprised by Matteau but CLEARLY not that big of a deal.

Oh and bye Mark. I remember that little 150lbs at his first development camp. Looked promising.
Didn't Julien just say Matteau would have a chance at his roster too?

get25

Oct 17, 2015
https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2017/6/26/15870244/max-friberg-interview-conversation-time-with-ahl-st-johns-icecaps-return-to-sweden-frolunda-hudon

Friberg returned to SHL because his development stalled under Lefevre. When will Bergy wake up and realize this is going on with prospects????
Thank you very much.

At 1:35 - "I just tough that my development had staggered a bit, last one and a half two years. I feel I needed a change. Hopefully I can come back here and get even better."

Seems that he could not make it in the organization.
He is going to be in Frolunda.

Did not play in all the opportunity he wanted to.
He learned more off ice as a captain.

I am not angry with the Habs for not giving me the chance but hopefully with Frolunda and maybe one day I will come back.
Frolunda has high standards and it is a good environment for improvement.

Hudon, DLR and McCarron are NHL ready. McCarron big strong centerman with lot of offensive.
Scherback needs to find consistency, go to work everyday, but has the most talent.

Maybe there is something wrong in our AHL team.

I was doubtful (let's say 50-50) because of the scapegoat rule.
Now, I am at 55-60%...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There might be a chance they'll convince him to come back at some point. I always thought he could be a good bottom 6 players in the NHL if he got the chance, he's a real hard worker.

He had a good year so it makes sense to give him his QO and retain his NHL rights in case he progresses more in the SHL. Thought he could be a guy you call up to fill in for injury, won't hurt you in his own end and works hard but never really saw him as a full time NHLer. But if they retained Nattinen's rights, makes sense to keep Friberg's as it can't hurt and cost nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad