Max Domi: How Long Before he is a Leaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Max Domi grew up in the Maple Leafs organization. His dad was obviously a fan favourite and Max grew up seeing what it is like to be a hero in his hometown.

Max was drafted by Phoenix and should make the team next year. Phoenix hasn't really been a team that attracts players nor is it one that has had a track record of keeping its own.

How many years before we see Max in the blue and white?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Max Domi grew up in the Maple Leafs organization. His dad was obviously a fan favourite and Max grew up seeing what it is like to be a hero

He probably also saw what it was like to live in a fishbowl and how hard it is to develop as a young player.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
How is Domi a Leaf legend? The **** is wrong with people.

Well, reading comprehension is definitely an issue.

Tie Domi was in fact a fan-favourite. And he was treated like a hero on/off the ice.

No one used the term Leaf Legend.

And Max looks great. But as long as he's cost-controlled, Pheonix will hang on.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Does this mean Nylander is going to leave the leafs to play for a team his father used to play for? Or is this only exclusive to people who played for the leafs?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Does this mean Nylander is going to leave the leafs to play for a team his father used to play for? Or is this only exclusive to people who played for the leafs?

No it doesn't mean he will, but it certainly doesn't mean he won't. Although the situation is a little different. Domi played 11 straight seasons with the Leafs and spent even more years in the organization. Max grew up knowing only the Leafs. Nylander spent a max of 4 consecutive years with an organization and that was before William was born or just after he was.

Max grew up knowing just the Leafs. He probably more sheltered to the Leafs than 90% of Leaf fans growing up.

William grew up following many different teams his father played on. I highly doubt he has a favourite and if he did it was probably due to success there or off ice related reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if both the Leafs and Max will have mutual interest in the future via FA or trade. Doesn't mean it will happen but at some point in his career I think Max will probably lean between two options of being a Leaf or pursuing something else. I think many players that grew up Leaf fans probably come to this point and a lot of them take the other option.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad