NBA Mavericks hiring Jason Kidd as their next HC, Nico Harrison as president of basketball operations

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
God dammit why? Why are franchises so insistent on Kidd when he was a dogshit coach both times he got the chance?

Also the irony of a team who has had multiple accusations of sexual harrassment and other misdeeds trying to clean up their act hires an actual wife beater and drunk driving.

Genius.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I am more puzzled by hiring this Nike guy, to be honest. I'd be terrified if I was a Mavs fan.
As a mavs fan I’m more worried about Kidd. Kidd is not a good coach. Harrison seems to have a very good rep around the league and has history with Luka. His job is to get free agents here and I think he has a better opportunity to do that than any of the other guys available right now.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I hate this trend of top front office executives being hired based on connections rather than merit. Not saying all of them are bad at their jobs but it sucks for all the qualified candidates who worked their way up the ladder.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I hate this trend of top front office executives being hired based on connections rather than merit. Not saying all of them are bad at their jobs but it sucks for all the qualified candidates who worked their way up the ladder.
Who would you suggest take the mavs GM position instead? Look the guy your describing is basically Donnie Nelson. Great scout, but couldn’t recruit anyone for the life of him. Even with a franchise player like Dirk to market, no one was willing to go to Dallas. I’m sure LA and New York can afford to do that but Dallas cannot, it’s not a destination city. Plus they don’t have the luxury of sitting around, Luka wants to win right now and if they can’t deliver he’s gone.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I am more puzzled by hiring this Nike guy, to be honest. I'd be terrified if I was a Mavs fan.

He's spent years working in Nikes basketball division and by all means has quite the resume. Maybe hes never worked in a NBA front office but he certainly has "management" experience. He's also working in tandem w/ Michael Finley so he wont be the be all end all decision maker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad