Rumor: Matvei Michkov terminates his contract with SKA and continues his career in Philadelphia

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm excited to see how he does in the NHL. He could make a lot of teams (like mine) look very dumb, but lots of time for all those recent draftees to show their worth. It'll be interesting.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Any of the Russian posters approve this yet?

If he comes next season, he'll be a star almost instantly and he could fit into Philly beautifully.

I think he'd be a 60 point guy next year as a rookie. Note: same thing I predicted for Bedard.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
I'm probably one of the biggest doubters of his success in the NHL, but if he does terminate his contract and go to Philadelphia, then I wish him nothing but success. I respect that he has the balls to lose a lot of money and take the risk of coming while Torts is still here.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Have mostly read reports/watched highlights: seems like a dual-threat passer/scorer, what sort of players did he have the most success with in the KHL? Who are ideal linemates for him, either on the Flyers (fantasy, likely to see a production bump) or around the league (also fantasy, but more fun)?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Is he as good as everyone been hyping him up to be? Comparable?

I havnt been following him

He is better Nikita Kucherov.

I'm probably one of the biggest doubters of his success in the NHL, but if he does terminate his contract and go to Philadelphia, then I wish him nothing but success. I respect that he has the balls to lose a lot of money and take the risk of coming while Torts is still here.

I think “Torts” will be gone soon, he has most likely has little rope left.

Reactions: Devonator

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Have mostly read reports/watched highlights: seems like a dual-threat passer/scorer, what sort of players did he have the most success with in the KHL? Who are ideal linemates for him, either on the Flyers (fantasy, likely to see a production bump) or around the league (also fantasy, but more fun)?
Barkov would be ideal center for him

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Thank you to these 5 top notch orgs: Anaheim, Columbus, San Jose, Mtl and Arizona.

Especially the last 2.
Passing on him is going to haunt Montreal for a long time.

A player with a draft profile as impressive as his is incredibly rare to come by, I was of the opinion that Montreal should've drafted him at 5th even if Putin came out with his hit list and Michkov was #1 on it lol.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021

A player with a draft profile as impressive as his is incredibly rare to come by, I was of the opinion that Montreal should've drafted him at 5th even if Putin came out with his hit list and Michkov was #1 on it lol.
Wouldnt say that.
They will rationalize this in many creative ways. Until MM wins a Cup.

Imagine the commotion in here if MM drafted by Mtl was coming over early. Summer rink in Brossard would have needed police to help with traffic on a warm August day.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I don’t think Nikishin is going to come over until his contract is concluded. It’s a bit different when you’re the captain of the army team compared to Michkov who was loaned out both times. Nikishin is kinda like a club legend.
Money talks and Nikishin walks...in this scenario the club recoups something

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
A poster asked who Michkov plays like. I responded with Valeri Kharlamov. Watching Michkov I see a lot of similarities. Elite offensive skill and high compete. Drives play from anywhere on the ice. Electric with the puck. That was Kharlamov and is Michkov.
I saw Kharlamov too and he was electrifying and awesome every time he touched the puck during the Summit Series in 1972 until Hatchetman Boobie Clark(Flyers Goon) chopped him down...Valeri was 24 in 1972 and Michkov is 19 right now and he could turn out to be another Kharlamov but right now he's...

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Really was hoping he would end up slipping to Detroit. I’m excited for them. Will be fun to have him over next season. Really think Chicago will be kicking themselves for not paying whatever it would have taken to trade up for him when he got past 4 or 5. The price would of been worth it for him and Bedard…

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
No team is going to look stupid. Doesn't anybody remember him flying down and Philly canceling an event before the draft just to show him the facilities ? He wasn't going anywhere else obviously. All this talk about teams looking stupid, is just HF drama.

Reactions: DiglettDangles

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
No team is going to look stupid. Doesn't anybody remember him flying down and Philly canceling an event before the draft just to show him the facilities ? He wasn't going anywhere else obviously. All this talk about teams looking stupid, is just HF drama.

Heads will roll in the Habs organization should Michkov score his first NHL goal in 2024.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

In Montreal, it's forbidden to draft a highly talented player. You will hear all kind of excuse why... small, doesn't grind, doesn't want to play with the team, Russia... see post #95 lol. Typical excuses.

It's why the team hasn't drafted a 70 pts player since 2003.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
In Montreal, it's forbidden to draft a highly talented player. You will hear all kind of excuse why... small, doesn't grind, doesn't want to play with the team, Russia... see post #95 lol. Typical excuses.

It's why the team hasn't drafted a 70 pts player since 2003.
How is it an excuse when it's a fact he went to visit Philly before the draft and was heavily rumored he wanted to only play there? Don't let facts get in the way of your whining. I don't draft the players, so your logic is pretty dumb.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
How is it an excuse when it's a fact he went to visit Philly before the draft and was heavily rumored he wanted to only play there? Don't let facts get in the way of your whining. I don't draft the players, so your logic is pretty dumb.
Those were rumors... created after teams passed on him. Probably made up to justify to fans why.
Even if it was true, you draft him and trade him to the highest bidder. There is nothing Michkov can do to stop that. If QC drafted Lindros and was able to trade him so can the Habs.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

As people said many time he didn't wanna play in Arizona and Washington, that's it. Flyers were just the most persistent of all teams, but if Montreal had picked him I'm pretty sure he would have been as happy as he was when Phily picked him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad