Post-Game Talk: Matty's Back And There's Gonna Be Trouble, HeyNah, We Won 5-2

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
does Leo get back in the lineup? why? and for who?

Babs isn't taking him out of the lineup. If he's healthy he's playing. Be shocked if this wasn't our lineup for game 1 of the playoffs.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
JVR Bozak Brown
Komarov Plekanec Kapanen

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Great game by everyone. Marner's shot is so underrated. The team is flying. 4 dangerous and fast lines.

There was a thread on the main board a while back about players with the worst shot on each team. I distinctly remember one Leafs fan claiming Marner's was the worst on the team and even went so far as to argue that Komarov's was better. :laugh:

5/6 periods they played this week were excellent. Should be on a 6 game win streak but whatever.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
We literally slapped around in a jacuzzi the supposed two best teams in the NHL.

Why? Because this infectious nymph Mitch Marner has infected the entire team with between the back passes.

The NHL being very very NHL cannot adapt. Maybe they can if they turn their toupee to the left instead of the right, but oligarch's are slow to adapt.

Mitch Marner has turned the Leafs into a hot as shit, circus act that the rest of the NHl cannot adapt to.

Unless the refs put away the whistle, which could happen any time, the Leafs are the number one contender

No one in the NHL can contend with this

Its a GRETZKY effect and its because of Marner and he is exponentializing JVR's next contract

Reactions: 7even

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm 44 and have seen some damn good playoff runs by us during the Cujo and Eagle tenures to name a couple. But this... this is different.

This isn't a patchwork of aging vets and a sprinkling of rookies. This is an elite young core that is just starting to understand their potential when they give it 60 mins. Or 65 mins... or even thru our nemesis from last year... the individual skills comp.

The team has learned how to play with almost all our core players out at one point or another and they didn't just weather the storm... they tamed her!

How fitting in our 100th season we get treated to the greatest leaf team ever and we haven't even begun to see the best yet.

Matthews holding Lord Stanley aloft.

What a statement game during a statement season.

Don't take us lightly....or we'll skate your asses into to the ground.

Babcock is our Ahab... and we're looking for dinner baby.

This is an amazing time to be a long time Be-leafer!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

we're 101.

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Great game by the Leafs. Let's be honest, the Preds didn't skate or play that well, but we've matched up well against them this year so I wouldn't be that worried if we meet them down the line! :)

For all the jokers in this thread going on about clinching, guess what, we pretty much clinched over a month ago. There has been zero stress and no race for a playoff spot for quite a while now. Such a strange position to be in as a Leafs fan and it will continue so we should start getting used to it. The only question for the final 2.5 months of this season has been in what order are the three best Eastern teams (Leafs, Tampa, Boston) going to finish.

I was happy to see Komorov sitting out tonight. I've felt very strongly about him, Polak and Bozak moving on for at least the past two years. Of those three, I think he has the least to offer both now and in the playoffs, especially compared to who he can be replaced with. I hope his benching continues and he's only brought back if there's an injury. Sorry Leo!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Good bounce back win after that embarrassment against the Lightning. Like they had something to prove.

Leafs can blow any team in this league away if they can just learn to always keep the pedal to the metal, never let up because there aren't many teams that can skate with Toronto.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd be really surprised if none of Tampa, Boston or the Leafs make it to the finals. Which is weird to say cause Washington is still a dangerous team and the Pens are the cup champs the last two years. It's a tough road to the cup in the East.
The East really is dominant now. The West was for 20 years it seemed but those days are over now. Who really scares you in the West? Nashville and Winnipeg and that's pretty much it. I know people will say Vegas but I'm still buying into that team in the long term.

Reactions: weems

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Kind of disappointed.

Sure Andersen got some rust off, but Matthews looked like he hasn't played in a month.

Certainly hope they start firing on all cylinder coming into the playoffs.

Should have been a shut-out.
20180317_200001-png.106725

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The East really is dominant now. The West was for 20 years it seemed but those days are over now. Who really scares you in the West? Nashville and Winnipeg and that's pretty much it. I know people will say Vegas but I'm still buying into that team in the long term.

Team-speed is what they seem to be having troubles with

Reactions: weems

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
Travis Dermott is a special player. He makes breaking out of the defensive zone look so easy, and he makes so many little plays at the offensive blue line and in the neutral zone to retain or regain possession. He’s been a fantastic addition to the team and has really helped to stabilize our blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad