He's kinda just there... does nothing good, doesn't actively hurt us

He's a solid 13/14 forward, who should only play if there's injuries

Why Jay insists on playing him up the lineup is beyond me

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He's kinda just there... does nothing good, doesn't actively hurt us

He's a solid 13/14 forward, who should only play if there's injuries

Why Jay insists on playing him up the lineup is beyond me
He is more than a 13/14 forward, you are so negative. He is a good botrom 6er, good Pker, but has struggles 5 bs 5. I know he has had a bit of goalscoring sense, but that hasnt happend. He plays with Nuge and Kostin at the moment, and they have been good together from what I understand.

Reactions: Mr Positive

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
He is more than a 13/14 forward, you are so negative. He is a good botrom 6er, good Pker, but has struggles 5 bs 5. I know he has had a bit of goalscoring sense, but that hasnt happend. He plays with Nuge and Kostin at the moment, and they have been good together from what I understand.

Was I negative? I thought my post was fair. You cannot use the word good for Janmark. That’s a big stretch. He hasn’t been good. Hasn’t been actively bad either. You know he has goal scoring sense? When will we see that? His two goals (3rd was ENG) certainly don’t indicate said sense. The Nuge line has been good, but not because of Janmark. I think most would like him to be swapped out

If anyone genuinely likes Janmark I’d argue it’s a case of low expectations

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He's out of place in the top 6, so he's looking below average playing on the 2nd line atm. Though if Woody would drop him down to the 3rd line to play with McLeod, I feel like he (and the team) would be far better off.

But considering he's delivering the same or better results as the 3mil dollar forwards, he ranks low on my list of concerns. I could say the exact same think about Kostin, who has more or less been what Foegele was sold as. (Though it's a bit unfair to McLovin, as he doesn't have Klim's size to play as a true PF)

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He's out of place in the top 6, so he's looking below average playing on the 2nd line atm. Though if Woody would drop him down to the 3rd line to play with McLeod, I feel like he (and the team) would be far better off.

But considering he's delivering the same or better results as the 3mil dollar forwards, he ranks low on my list of concerns. I could say the exact same think about Kostin, who has more or less been what Foegele was sold as. (Though it's a bit unfair to McLovin, as he doesn't have Klim's size to play as a true PF)
Yes, there are many players in oilrrs who shouldnt play top6, and Järnmark is one of them. Kostin I could playbin a top6 role.
Was I negative? I thought my post was fair. You cannot use the word good for Janmark. That’s a big stretch. He hasn’t been good. Hasn’t been actively bad either. You know he has goal scoring sense? When will we see that? His two goals (3rd was ENG) certainly don’t indicate said sense. The Nuge line has been good, but not because of Janmark. I think most would like him to be swapped out

If anyone genuinely likes Janmark I’d argue it’s a case of low expectations
Järnmark had goalscoring on his card in SHL, and pot some in Dallas. He may not be a big time scorer, but he can score some. And as said, Järnmark should not be played as a top 6er. He is more of a defensive forward nowadays.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Pretty balanced post here. Janmark has been a better player for us than any of Foegele, Pulju, Yama who are getting paid a lot more money to be doing less. I love Kostin, but its being between two players that can play and cycle in Nuge and Janmark that has helped Kostin. Janmark is the 2nd on that line in terms of play with the puck. Kostin is the third, albeit has the cannon shot on the line and is the physical player. That line is nice to have and every player on it makes it better. Nuge of course is stirring that drink but both wingers doing their part in completing the line. Janmarks contribution here on the team is undersold by some of the fans. He's done what is asked of him.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Pretty balanced post here. Janmark has been a better player for us than any of Foegele, Pulju, Yama who are getting paid a lot more money to be doing less. I love Kostin, but its being between two players that can play and cycle in Nuge and Janmark that has helped Kostin. Janmark is the 2nd on that line in terms of play with the puck. Kostin is the third, albeit has the cannon shot on the line and is the physical player. That line is nice to have and every player on it makes it better. Nuge of course is stirring that drink but both wingers doing their part in completing the line. Janmarks contribution here on the team is undersold by some of the fans. He's done what is asked of him.
Oilers depth is shaping up - if Nuge is staying as the 3C. Järnmark and Nuge has been glued together for a while now. But Nuge may be needed as Connors LW soon. Could a Kostin Järnmark Yamamoto line work?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers depth is shaping up - if Nuge is staying as the 3C. Järnmark and Nuge has been glued together for a while now. But Nuge may be needed as Connors LW soon. Could a Kostin Järnmark Yamamoto line work?
Not for me. ;) heh. Yamamoto traded to Seattle for any NHL live body works for me.

jk aside Yama has less puck carrying ability in ozone than Kostin has. Yama is sure not stirring any drink ever. Maybe McLeod slots in there.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Not for me. ;) heh. Yamamoto traded to Seattle for any NHL live body works for me.

jk aside Yama has less puck carrying ability in ozone than Kostin has. Yama is sure not stirring any drink ever. Maybe McLeod slots in there.

Yes. I mean, if yamamoto doesnt fit McDavid, he doesnt fit Draisaitls style, and Nuge has chemistry with others - so what is Yamamoto here for then?? Sure he is a Pk:er, but no center grows with him. He should be played with McLeod.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yes. I mean, if yamamoto doesnt fit McDavid, he doesnt fit Draisaitls style, and Nuge has chemistry with others - so what is Yamamoto here for then?? Sure he is a Pk:er, but no center grows with him. He should be played with McLeod.
I'm reasonably sure I'm the wrong person to ask. hehe ;)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I was meh after we signed him after watching his highlights. Didn’t know much about the player except came away with the impression that he needs his line mates to make the plays for him and doesn’t generate much on his own. I’d say that’s mostly accurate. He can play an adequate NHL game though position wise and with his skating. I’m still meh on the player though, but that comes with the territory at 1M per year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad