Mattias Ekholm

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not much talk about this guy, but he is really good. Playing very good for Team Sweden in World Cup.

He is big, really hardworking, world-class defensive skills and quite good offensive skills aswell. Not very physical tought.

What do you guys think of Ekholm? Where does he rank? I think he is in Hjalmarsson/Vlasic terrority.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Ekholm is awesome. I wouldn't quite put him up there with Hjalmarsson quite yet but I've seen nothing that would make me think he won't as good as him with more offense. Him and Ellis lock down as one of the best 2nd pairs in the league.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's reallly good. Not near Hjammer and Vlasic yet but a tier right below.

He's really blown by expectations and what a ridiculous trio NASH has in Josi/Subban/Ekholm.

These guys just constantly bleed ****ing elite defenders wtf is this.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
nashville really knows how to develop defenceman

ekholm is slightly below hammer and vlasic but not by much, he is underrated

Habsfann

Apr 13, 2014

He's really blown by expectations and what a ridiculous trio NASH has in Josi/Subban/Ekholm.

Ellis is not a bad 4th to add to that trio. Probably the best top 4 in the league.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think he might be in line with Hjalmarsson, and has the offensive potential to move ahead, but is still behind Vlasic. Vlasic's clearly above Hjalmarsson, so I don't see why they're being lumped together.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Top tier shutdown dman. Him and Ellis easily most underrated pair in the league.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

The fact that Nashville can lose both Hamhuis and Suter in free agency for nothing, trade Weber (albeit for another defender), and trade Seth Jones, and STILL ice such a ridiculous defense, is really quite irksome.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
The fact that Nashville can lose both Hamhuis and Suter in free agency for nothing, trade Weber (albeit for another defender), and trade Seth Jones, and STILL ice such a ridiculous defense, is really quite irksome.

They did a deal with the _____ to rob Peter(forwards) to pay Paul(dmen), it's their gift and curse.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I said it when Subban got traded, this is going to get the league to actually pay attention to Nashville and how good Ekholm actually is.

It's what people in the Pacific have been saying about Vlasic for years, but it took until these playoffs for everyone to agree the guy was ridiculously legit.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Ekholm is not comparable to Hjalmarsson, completely different player. I think he'll be a rather productive player in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad