Recalled/Assigned: Mattias Ekholm recalled

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And the Hits just keep on spinning.......

Another player out??- At this point you've just gotta laugh...

it is really hard to believe how many things have gone wrong this season

I said this in another thread,but thank goodness this is a shortened season and we have only 5 gms left and not 40

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
I'm telling you...DO NOT LET THIS TEAM GET ON A PLANE - we've screwed the hockey gods royally. Forfeit those final 3 road contests, and let's mercifully end things next Tuesday.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
The Admirals players, staff, and fans must hate our guts. How are they supposed to make a playoff run when their entire top 6 forward group is up here, and now we take their #1 and #2 D :laugh:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
as long as its not a serious injury I believe the hockey gods are actually being kind... giving us a no-risk opportunity to let young players get NHL experience while at the same time solidifying our chances at a top 5 draft pick

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I don't think we have a Klein type player in out system right now.

Certainly none of the top ones (Ellis, Ekholm, Blum) are in his mold. Not sure about Jarvinen or Bitteto.

On a side not, after Now that Ellis, Blum, and Josi are NHLers, our D prospect pool is basically Ekholm, Bartley (if you count him), and....ouch.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Depending on how you count rookies it should be 8.

Bartley, Eckholm, Forsberg, Bang, Clune, Mueller, Watson, Beck

Any player in his first season = rookie.

Season = 40 games played.

Or at least I think that's how it works. I haven't really checked in a while.

Webersmashpuck

Mar 17, 2009
Spring Hill
Any player in his first season = rookie.

Season = 40 games played.

Or at least I think that's how it works. I haven't really checked in a while.

Thats what I thought, but Mueller never got mentioned last night. Maybe because he has played like 10 games each of the past 2 seasons. This is his 3rd.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If I were Leggy or Pekka I would go to Trotz and ask to be benched for the rest of the year the veteran juju may catch up with them as well, Injuries have just decimated this team. Its hard to evaluate young talent with no veterans to assist them. There thrown out to the wolves and gobbled up. I have deteseted the tank mentalitly and now those do not need to even mention it. The team was not really competitive prior to the injuries now it is just brutal to even watch a game. The chances of winning another game this season is pretty low right now. Heck to be competitive would be a streach the last two stinkers as shutouts. Less Calgary the remaining games mean something to those playing the Preds. The team will not need to tank now there in survival mode. Tonight will set the all time loss string for the team. In feb I feared April would be a disaster but I had no idea it would be this bad. It has been a long time since I have felt they had just no hope for a win but thats were we are.

I really like Ekholm and hope he can do well.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Mueller is 27 and if not for injuries he would not be here. This has been his last chance he is AHL bound for the rest of the time he plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad