Value of: Matthias Ekholm to Boston

Jim Turcotte

Feb 1, 2018
Ekholm checks off all the boxes for the Bruins. He is still young, has good size, shoots left and is under contract for a few more years. Would he be available and if so, what would Nashville need coming back.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
No way they move him unless it’s a big overpayment. That’s a steal of a contract.

Jim Turcotte

Feb 1, 2018
4 more years at $3.75 per. He checks off all the boxes for the Preds too.
Fair enough, I don’t follow the Preds closely so I don’t know their needs nor what they have in the pipeline. David Poile has been an excellent judge of talent so I wouldn’t expect him to make a bad trade. This is just idle conversation.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Something small like the Pred’s 2nd round pick in the 2019 draft. It’s a lot to give, but I might consider that if I were the Bruins.[/.

I’d think Ellis is moved before Ekholm anyway. I also see no chance they trade Ekholm. Ellis should be replaced by Fabbro eventually but they don’t have a guy to replace Ekholm.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I would do that in a heartbeat, which means he'd probably cost a bit more. This is a solid top 4 defenseman on a steal of a contract.

Yeah I'd put the "something small" on the side of the Bruins too.

Krug + Heinen + 3rd for Elkholm

We'd actually save cap space from this so I'd imagine Sweeney would give even more.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Just remove the something small and add it to the Bruins side.

I don't think a deal with Boston would make sense, at least one with Krug as the main piece.

Ekholm makes 3.75 for the next four years, we'd be paying more to get another shorter offensive defenseman at the expense of our only defensive defenseman.

We'd need a replacement, but your only other LHD are Chara, who's too old, and Grelzyk, who's too unproven.

Ekholm isn't really available.

Reactions: Tex76

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I don't think a deal with Boston would make sense, at least one with Krug as the main piece.

Ekholm makes 3.75 for the next four years, we'd be paying more to get another shorter offensive defenseman at the expense of our only defensive defenseman.

We'd need a replacement, but your only other LHD are Chara, who's too old, and Grelzyk, who's too unproven.

Ekholm isn't really available.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I didn't create the thread haha.

Don't really see why you'd trade him either.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
If we are moving Ekholm I would want it to be for a proven power forward who can skate that has term and a reasonable rate at that. Basically the offensive version of what he is to our team. I really think he's maybe the least likely of our dman to move based on his role for us and for PK specifically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad