Matthews vs McDavid: Who finishes with more career goals?

Who finishes with more career goals?

• Matthews

Votes: 37 24.3%
  • McDavid

Votes: 115 75.7%

• Total voters

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Matthews is huge and with easily one of the best shots in the NHL, which should allow him to age very well as a goal scorer if he can stay healthy. If they are equally healthy then it should be Matthews, but it hinges on that "if".

Reactions: Crow

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I don’t agree that it’s clearly hopeful. I don’t even agree that hope has anything to do with it. Typically players don’t win art rosses over 30 let alone 35 like you mentioned. Even all time greats.
You didn’t address a single good point he made and instead just doubled down on your own opinion. Hey it’s your opinion and you are free to have it. Recommendation when debating on a forum though: Address the other persons main points when responding.

Reactions: Video Nasty

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
There's only an 8 month age gap between them so I'll consider that factor equal

The fact that Connor still has a 4 goal lead on Matthews (I know McDavid started earlier) after Matthews had his beast seasons and McD recently starting focusing more on goalscoring indicates that he'll finish with more goals to me. Their GPG may be close with Matthews being higher

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Matthews. McDavid is going to slow down in scoring big time when he slows down in speed in a few years

McDavid is a top 10 all-time talent. Why do you think he's going to slow down? Players like him usually play at that level for a long time.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
McDavid. He’s improved his goal scoring this year and is running away with the Rocket. I think he will be around the top most years now.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
At this point I worry about Matthews long term health. He’s missed time for some concerning injuries and looks like he should probably be missing some more.

If he’s healthy he’s a good bet as scoring goals has always been his calling card. His shot should hold up (theoretically).

Don’t count out McDavid though. Hard to argue against one of the best talents the league has ever seen. He’s clearly stepped it up and I don’t know how he’s going to be stopped. His shot looks a lot more lethal and his ability to put himself in a position to score consistently is unmatched.

I hope we can see these two battle it out year and in year out for at least the next half decade.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Need more McDavid threads(especially ones comparing him to Matthews in different ways for no real reason).

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
Need more McDavid threads(especially ones comparing him to Matthews in different ways for no real reason).
I think this one is different. And liking the OPs posts in here I know it’s not trying to stir the pot. This is the kind of poll questions I like that make you change your mind I few times. My answer is , I wouldn’t want to bet a lot of money on it. I can easily see Matthews regaining his touch and McDavid, like Crosby, proving he can win a rocket but then returning to his old style.
But I grant, as reasonable as this thread has been so far the safest bet of all is an incoming hijack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad