Matthews vs Huberdeau

Who?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I forgot to mention before anyone says how Huberdeau has more assists than Matthews, as of right now Matthews is also ahead of him in points with 72 and Huberdeau has 71.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
I’d go with Hub for his all-around game
This makes no sense as Huberdeau adds no defensive impact to the game. Matthews is pretty bad defensively for a center but he does shoulder a lot more defensive responsibility than Huberdeau. Matthews is the guy I take for sure due to his goal scoring ability and position. At times AM looks good defensively and that's a talent that can be worked on and improved on and usually does improve with age.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
This makes no sense as Huberdeau adds no defensive impact to the game. Matthews is pretty bad defensively for a center but he does shoulder a lot more defensive responsibility than Huberdeau. Matthews is the guy I take for sure due to his goal scoring ability and position. At times AM looks good defensively and that's a talent that can be worked on and improved on and usually does improve with age.

The poster you quoted is an irrational Leafs hater. What he meant to write was “I’d go with Hub because he doesn’t play for Toronto.”

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
The correct answer is Matthews. But this is not to take a thing away from Huberdeau, who is a fantastic player.

One player is freshly 22 and the other will be 27 in just over 3 months.

So unless Huberdeau is just entering his prime, I would say this is a career year for him. Matthews who is finally healthy with proper usage should finish with close to 60g and 100pts and still has a few more levels to go.

But you cannot go wrong with either, and I love watching Huberdeau play.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Triggered mocking maybe :laugh:. You cherry picked to support an obviously weak choice and we are all laughing at you.
I said this before and I will say it again. For some reason the non Leafs fans on here seem to be obsessed with Matthews assists totals, even though a stat like he posted shows how much better a goal scorer he was compared to Huberdeau during that span of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad