Matthews vs Horvat, Virtanen, Boeser, Juolevi and Pettersson

Title.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What the...

If you're asking me if I'd trade all that for Matthews straight up, hell to the naw. What kind of question is this?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Depends how you frame the question. I wouldn't trade everyone there for Matthews because the team can't afford to give up that much depth, with the hope that Pettersson and Juolevi can be impact players. If I could add either Matthews to the Canucks or clones/equivalent players of the others, I would take Matthews as a franchise center is that valuable. I'm assuming most if not all teams would take Matthews if we're just looking at adding either group of players to their team, as they wouldn't be sacrificing depth like in a trade scenario.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Matthews is in my top five fave players but Id take the Canucks 5 guys there. Boeser and Horvat are already beasts well Pettersson PROJECTS to be a beast as well. Thats three beasts right there plus a middle 6 guy who HOPEFULLY gets it one day plus a potential #4/5 big dman

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Matthews is in my top five fave players but Id take the Canucks 5 guys there. Boeser and Horvat are already beasts well Pettersson PROJECTS to be a beast as well. Thats three beasts right there plus a middle 6 guy who HOPEFULLY gets it one day plus a potential #4/5 big dman
Just curious what Matthews beast-factor is, by comparison. 2-2.5?

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017

Basically, he's asking if the the nucks have 3x BEASTS how many BEASTS are channelled within Matthews? By your accord, does Matthews count as 2x BEASTS or 2.5x BEASTS? I believe he's trying to see how much better you believe the nucks trio is.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
The five pretty easily, Horvat and Boeser together are on par with Matthews, Pettersson could be a top line producer. Juolevi and Virtanen are meh and don't really belong in the same conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad