Matthews vs Eichel

Auston Matthews vs Jack Eichel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Matthews has always been better at comparable stages, and looks better this year. Last year was a coin flip if you ignore age difference, but most of Eichel's better production came from the fact he was handed minutes with limited accountability.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Eichel without any second thoughts. I would build empty team around him because his style matches better to my tactics. Eichel & Laine would be better duo than Matthews & Laine.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Eichel without any second thoughts. I would build empty team around him because his style matches better to my tactics. Eichel & Laine would be better duo than Matthews & Laine.
So you'd build an empty team around Eichel, and that empty team somehow involves Laine??? Okay?

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Two different question. Matthews so far, I'd still rather build around Eichel (Matthews is getting closer to changing my mind though)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Matthews easily.

Biggest difference between the two isn't in skill but effort and work down low. Eichel may score you nice amount of points, but Matthews helps you win more hockey games.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I like them both a lot. I think Matthews is the 2nd best young player in the game, and Eichel is the 3rd best young player in the game.

The talent in young players today is just staggering. And it seems like every country, even smaller ones, are finally getting their top talent.

USA has Matthews and Eichel, the best players since perhaps Modano and Hull.

Sweden has Dahlin coming up, looking to be another Karlsson.

Finland has Puljujarvi, the best talent since Kurri and Selanne.

Denmark has Ehlers, in my mind one of the best talents in the game, and only getting better. He will lead his team to great heights.

Switzerland has Hischier, a #1 pick-worthy center who impacts all areas of the game.

Russia has Svechnikov coming up, heir to Ovechkin and Malkin.

The game is in a good place.

Reactions: Tv9924

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Matthews is dominating this year and he stil hasn't even had his breakout game this year yet he has another level, one I am not sure Eichel can reach

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Why are some of you leaf fans so insecure? You remake a thread that has been done 50 times before, three games into the season because Buffalo has been bad and Toronto has been good and you know the result. You aren't asking a question and looking for an answer, you have an answer and are begging for attention.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why are some of you leaf fans so insecure? You remake a thread that has been done 50 times before, three games into the season because Buffalo has been bad and Toronto has been good and you know the result. You aren't asking a question and looking for an answer, you have an answer and are begging for attention.
it was bound to happen with the way Sabres fans have been promoting the myth that Eichel is somehow superior with no supporting evidence

Reactions: Garthinater and IPS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad