Matthews Vs Dahlin Vs Pettersson

Which player do you take going forward?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The players voted Matthews third in terms of who they would want to start a franchise with, FWIW.

That poll result is worth exactly 0 and makes absolutely no sense. The only player that would have made sense considering in that poll would be Dahlin.

You can rationalize Dahlin > McDavid if you want to lean on a defender a lot.

There's 0 reasoning to pick Matthews over McDavid though. Comparable players - and McDavid is better in every aspect (better offense, same age, better track record, higher projections, higher ceiling, etc).

ps voted Matthews here.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
That poll result is worth exactly 0 and makes absolutely no sense. The only player that would have made sense considering in that poll would be Dahlin.

There's 0 reasoning to pick Matthews over McDavid though. Comparable players - and McDavid is better in every aspect (better offense, same age, better track record, higher projections, higher ceiling, etc).

ps voted Matthews here.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Of these, I'd go with Dahlin. He's on track to become the best D in the league. I don't see Matthews or Pettersson being the best F in the league.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It shows that Matthews is highly regarded around the league as a franchise building block and that should, in theory, be reflected here.

Thats fine

Its still stupid as he should get 0 votes above McDavid for that poll question. Doesn't mean he couldnt be a strong 2nd choice

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’d probably say Dahlin. Seems like he’s just gotten better as the season goes on. Looks like he’ll be a top 3 dman for sure going fwd.

*top 3 in the league I mean. Not #3dman lol.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I really wanted to vote Pettersson here, as he looks like something special when it comes to offensive wizardry, but if I had a team and had to choose I'd go with what I think is the safer pick in Rasmus Dahlin. Considering age and position, I think he's ahead of everyone else (young players).

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

ps voted Matthews here.

There is zero rationale for Dahlin over McDavid, zero.

Dahlin is much closer to Matthews than he is to McDavid, that's really not even debatable.

I'll take the sure thing in Auston, but can't go wrong with either 3. All 3 are in the same tier.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad