Matthews vs Boeser?

Who is currently better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Calling Boeser a one-way winger shows how little you people watch him play, his defensive game has been very good for a rookie winger.

It's funny that despite Matthews being better you guys have constantly made up garbage about Boeser to make him look bad, don't think some of you are even allowed to stay up late enough to watch him.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Anyone that calls Brock One Dimensional clearly hasn't watched him play. Then i take a look at the users names saying that.... Then all i can do is laugh.

Boeser is a one-dimensional winger who is riding an unsustainable high shooting percentage. He will come back down to earth and Canucks fans will not have anything to look forward to.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Boeser is a one-dimensional winger who is riding an unsustainable high shooting percentage. He will come back down to earth and Canucks fans will not have anything to look forward to.

His shooting percentage IS too high, and he will come back down to earth, no doubt. But I see him as a decent 20-25 goal, 50 point a year player for them. Not a bust by any means, and nowhere near the "star" some of them think they have. A good 2nd liner.

Reactions: DatSnipeMatthews

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Seems kind of hypocritical to call out Boeser on his shooting percentage when Matthews was riding a 30% for a time, and even recently was in the 20% range.

Even his current % is high.

Between this and the rate argument, the attempts to pick and choose your battles to hype up your own players are kind of transparent.

Reactions: dim jim

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
His shooting percentage IS too high, and he will come back down to earth, no doubt. But I see him as a decent 20-25 goal, 50 point a year player for them. Not a bust by any means, and nowhere near the "star" some of them think they have. A good 2nd liner.

Pretty terrible assessment when even bringing his shooting percentage to average levels wouldn't see him at that level

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What about everything else I said. People can't seriously think Boeser is better right?

Ofcourse not, voted out of spite since some certain Leafs fans are so insecure about their own players that they have to chest bump themselves to feel better. Pathetic.

About as equally as pathetic as referring to Boeser as "one dimensional" or being a good "second liner" as certain useless users would say.

Seems kind of hypocritical to call out Boeser on his shooting percentage when Matthews was riding a 30% for a time, and even recently was in the 20% range.

Between this and the rate argument, the attempts to pick and choose your battles to hype up your own players are kind of transparent.

This.

Reactions: besser

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013

i wonder why this post was ignored

Reactions: besser

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Currently Boeser, Matthews maybe in the future, who knows but right now it is Boeser.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

ixgf is a thing that tracks quality of scoring chances. outperforming your ixgf is possibly a better indicator of regression, and Matthews simply gets way better scoring opportunities. I get that Boeser has a good shot, but he doesn't get grade A scoring chances the same way that Matthews does. not even close really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad