Injury Report: Matthews to miss first 3 games of the season

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I actually take this as good news, he's seemed to be progressing, they're being smart about this.

Other guys gotta step up in the meantime.

Reactions: Slyfox

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I actually take this as good news, he's seemed to be progressing, they're being smart about this.

Other guys gotta step up in the meantime.
Why would you say that’s good news? I mean it isn’t overly concerning, but good seems ridiculous. Hopefully it’s 5 games I’ll be ecstatic, is that how it works?

Reactions: Confucius

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The good thing is the first 3 games should all be very winnable without him, curious to see if Engvall or anyone else takes advantage and gets some top line ice time and powerplay duties

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
They didn’t have to waive Brooks so soon they should have waited until Matthews is back from the injury
I believe they thought they could back door Brooks easier with so many league waives coming at the same time. The Habs probably figured they could hit 2 birds with 1 stone by filling their need and hurting a rival a tiny bit with their depth.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Or they tried rehabbing without surgery, and realized that wouldn't work as well as the surgery.

I have no issues with exhausting all non-invasive procedures first.

When it causes the franchise player to miss games he didn't need you should

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Damn, he starts hot too most years. Going to have to come back hopefully injury-free and playing like himself to be able to make up the games lost if he wants to repeat as the Rocket Winner

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Damn, he starts hot too most years. Going to have to come back hopefully injury-free and playing like himself to be able to make up the games lost if he wants to repeat as the Rocket Winner
Watch him drop 4 goals against the SJS.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Why would you say that’s good news? I mean it isn’t overly concerning, but good seems ridiculous. Hopefully it’s 5 games I’ll be ecstatic, is that how it works?
No not at all my thought process hahaha He's been questionable for game 1 coming off a pretty serious surgery. Biggest mistake when it comes to sports injuries in my mind is guys coming back before they ideally should; it's an easy mistake when there's naturally pressure on the player to play, a lot of that from themselves. Don't think there's been any update of a sudden setback, just that he's not quite ready yet (always sounded like he'd be cutting it close); that's a hard call to make but likely the right one. Not sure the guy has even taken a one-timer yet in practice (he definitely hasn't ripped pucks like he's know for yet); coming back too soon could be a huge mistake if he reinjures it or causes the problem to linger on.

Leafs have 3 games in their first 4 days, 5 games in their first 10 days... that's a significant difference.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2