Injury Report: Matthews out minimum three weeks with knee sprain

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
They put Barkov in the all star game although Nylander has double the goals and is having a way better season.

Hard to imagine a business worth billions that is more poorly run than the NHL.
If you're catering to addicts then you can treat them like shit; they just keep coming back for more.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The game is in Florida , of course they chose Barkov over Nylander.

To be honest , in many other seasons prior to this one Barkov was better than Nylander. Let's not act like this is some huge travesty.

Reactions: Jojalu

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The game is in Florida , of course they chose Barkov over Nylander.

To be honest , in many other seasons prior to this one Barkov was better than Nylander. Let's not act like this is some huge travesty.

I mean it furthers the notion that an All Star selection isn't that meaningful because it's turning more into a popularity contest based on reputation and league representation.

There should be more merit for players who have had stellar seasons.

For example, how Dahlin is not an All-star is baffling. Over a PPG defensemen.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I mean it furthers the notion that an All Star selection isn't that meaningful because it's turning more into a popularity contest based on reputation and league representation.

that's not a notion.

it is a popularity contest.

that's what pro sports is.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

The whole event is meaningless other than as a vehicle for the league to cater to its corporate partners.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto

remember that one time we had Leo Komorov as our "all star" selection. those were the days

• Haha
Reactions: banks

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Thing is, all star selections are still mention when the press talk about Hall of Famers .. so it should carry some legitimacy if that's the bar.

But it is what it is.
I think when the press are talking about all-selections n regards to the HOF, they are actually talking about the end of season selections not the selections for the game itself. Which makes sense the press makes the end-of-year selections.

And just because talks about things in regards to a HOF candidate’s possibilities, is there any indication that the actual HHOF selection committee actually values those things the same way?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad